"Virtual" P3

It's been a month since we received NOA2, I e-mailed GUZ today and within 4 hours they answered (see below). They gave me my GUZ case number and green flag to send P3 documents, so I just mailed them via EMS. What is scary is the wait time 2-3 months!!! I hope our case gets processed faster than that...

"We have received your beneficiary's petition and sent him an Instruction Packet (Packet 3) this week. In the packet your beneficiary is requested to fill out the DS-230 and OF-169 and prepare documents to start her visa application. We will schedule your beneficiary for visa interview within 2-3 months after receiving her completed DS-230 and OF-169. Please feel free to download the forms from our website if your beneficiary has not received the Packet 3."

Edited by Christian (see edit history)

Yep, has been a common suggestion to mail in the required P-3 forms as soon as you know the consulate has mailed out the P3 packet. In my case I knew of the P-3 mailing long before my wife received it, by calling DOS in the states about once or twice a week @ (202) 663-1225

DS-230 part 1

OF-169

Mail to:

United States Consulate Guangzhou

IV Unit

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC