wait time for visa?

Hello Everyone,

My fiancee and daughter passed the interview October 12th. They gave their home address in Changsha for the visa package to be delivered. The notice they give you says that the visa package is given to EMS in two or three days. Today is the 20th. EMS has not received their visa package. Yesterday, I sent an email to the consulate to find out where the package is. No response yet.Is this normal? Is there another way to find out where the visa package is? I am scheduled to return to the U.S. on the 24th. I would really like to bring my Fiancee with me!!! :o

Normally, the consulate will respond to emails in 24 hours. The only time they did not is when there was something already in the mail.

There is a lot of anecdotal evidence that the consulate sends out a lot of EMS packages on Friday and/or Saturday. Of the four EMS packages we received from GUZ: 2 arrived on Sunday(P3, Passport with Visa) and 2 on Tuesday (P4, Approval Notice).

If your fiance interviewed on Wednesday the 12th, you may have missed the bulk shipment last weekend and the visa is going out this Friday the 21st. You might have it as soon as Sunday the 23rd. I am not sure it helps you with the 24th.

There also can be a lag with the Shipment tracking on the EMS website. We checked Friday night for her passport and no record. We didn't check Saturday, checked Sunday; it showed being shipped Friday and we received it that afternoon.

Today is Saturday morning.(China time)The visa package has arrived!!! :P My Fiancee did not wait for the delivery. She went with her brother to pick it up at the post office. :lol: Talk about the last minute. I had already purchased her plane ticket for Monday the 24th.The EMS website still didn't have a record of receiving the package. All is well that ends well. Monday, we begin a new lifelong journey together. :D