She Passed

Jing took her citizenship test today and passed .... Now we wait until she's sworn in, she has to do this in court because of her wanting to use her maiden name as her middle name ... but other than that everything went great.

She was asked 5 or 6 of the 100 questions, asked to read a small sentence and then write a small sentence,

she was asked a few questions made up by the interviewer ( Do you pay taxes, Do you drink and drive ) wife told him she doesn't drink ... but she drives :P

The only thing they asked to see of her was her passport, Green card and drivers licence ... we had everything on the list of things needed ... but he never asked for them. She is extremely happy about becoming an american citizen.

Edited by iyan46 (see edit history)

Congrats.... I actually believe the interview begins the minute you are called when the officer engages in small talk, weather, family and the like. If the persons answers back in clear English, it is a given she will pass.

I agree Carl .... she said they engaged in some small talk before he started asking questions ,,, and then went thru the application line by line. So i think thats ow they decide if you know english and what it is she's applying for