Tax transcripts vs 1040's

For K1 evidence of support, are tax transcripts preferred to 1040's? 1040's preferred to transcripts? Any cases of one being accepted but not the other? Thanks!

They convey the same information - the tax returns have your signature on them, but any information submitted is essentially "under oath". I strongly doubt that it would make any difference.

The transcripts are a more concise summary of what's on your return, but most of us keep copies of the tax returns handy - your choice.

The consulate has been known to request transcripts to be mailed directly to them in (very rare) cases where fraud is suspected.

OK :huh:

You submit what you submit essentially "under oath" as representing the actual tax return. They are both susceptible to forgery - which is why GUZ in VERY rare cases requests that a transcript be mailed to them directly.

"Alterations" can be made through Photoshop, or something as simple as a text editor.

Tax transcripts are convenient, if you don't want to dig up the old returns, and are more concise (fewer pages and easier to read) - they contain exactly the same (unforged) information as does the tax return.

Sometimes I just feel like fighting rumors - we're still friends, aren't we? :D ;)

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/I-864Taxes.jpg

Either is acceptable, however if use a return it needs to have evidence of where numbers came from such as W2 1099 etc.

Transcripts provide this in a neat package.

Transcripts are free and easy to order on line from IRS.gov

At a certain point it does begin to feel like this whole process is rumor-based. Submit the I-134 but follow the instructions for the I-864. Be sure to provide an EOR (never mentioned in any official documents) and be sure to discuss/don't discuss your previous marriage(s). ARRGGGGHH!!!

So in this case I had read transcripts were better than 1040 returns, just as others have mentioned: more concise, a tad more "official", and so I ordered them, scanned them, and sent them to my sweetie. And now she tells me her 001 sisters are telling her... last year transcripts were accepted, but not this year... just last week there was a denial because the wrong tax information was submitted and -- you guessed it -- they'd submitted transcripts and not signed 1040s. No, I said, that couldn't be, it's the same information... ohI can't wait to come out the other side of this rabbit hole....... :)

At a certain point it does begin to feel like this whole process is rumor-based. Submit the I-134 but follow the instructions for the I-864. Be sure to provide an EOR (never mentioned in any official documents) and be sure to discuss/don't discuss your previous marriage(s). ARRGGGGHH!!!

So in this case I had read transcripts were better than 1040 returns, just as others have mentioned: more concise, a tad more "official", and so I ordered them, scanned them, and sent them to my sweetie. And now she tells me her 001 sisters are telling her... last year transcripts were accepted, but not this year... just last week there was a denial because the wrong tax information was submitted and -- you guessed it -- they'd submitted transcripts and not signed 1040s. No, I said, that couldn't be, it's the same information... ohI can't wait to come out the other side of this rabbit hole....... :)

Please understand that the sisters on 001 are mostly not familiar with "transcripts" or 1040(I don't either). If anything goes wrong with one of them, they will be all alert(me too). I believe they(including your wife) just want to make sure everything is correctly prepared for the interview because they want to reunite with their sweethearts soon.

So do the transcripts need to be signed?

No a transcript is a computer generated printout from the IRS, there is no signature on it.

Whhhat must have been problem was misunderstood, when using a copy of a return it must include all supporting documents showing where the amounts shown on the return came from.

Again by signing the I-134 the sponsor is swaring the transcripts or return is acurate.

No a transcript is a computer generated printout from the IRS, there is no signature on it.

Whhhat must have been problem was misunderstood, when using a copy of a return it must include all supporting documents showing where the amounts shown on the return came from.

Again by signing the I-134 the sponsor is swaring the transcripts or return is acurate.

Thanks Dan, as always for your kind help.

I have just made things clear with my sweetheart. And I now understand more about the differences between these two concepts.