Voting Booths With Chinese Language

Urkidding

My wife became a US citizen a few years back. She¡¯s probable more patriotic than most other Americans, especially when it comes to voting. One of the biggest deals for her once she became a citizen was to vote for the Presidency.

Now Chinese will be one of the languages offered in the (Houston, TX) Harris County voting booths.

County officials say the Chinese population has grown by 24 percent since the year 2000.

How many other places in the US offer Chinese as a language in their voting booths?

Just curious!

My wife became a US citizen a few years back. She¡¯s probable more patriotic than most other Americans, especially when it comes to voting. One of the biggest deals for her once she became a citizen was to vote for the Presidency.

Now Chinese will be one of the languages offered in the (Houston, TX) Harris County voting booths.

County officials say the Chinese population has grown by 24 percent since the year 2000.

How many other places in the US offer Chinese as a language in their voting booths?

Just curious!

Well suh, I can pretty much guarantee you that Bedford County Pennsyltucky ain't got them no Chinertuckian writin' in their votin' booths. :lol:

And yes cuzin', I have to admit the horrible truth, yore wife is a MUCH better American citizen than I will ever be. :D I've never seen a votin' booth....is it shaped like an outhouse per chance? :o

tsap seui

Just curious!

King County Washington has Chinese on the touch screen booths at the "accessible voting centers." Precinct polling places are no longer used here (I go to the the 'voting center' because I prefer to vote that way....in person).

For those who opt not to go to the voting center, they can request a paper ballot in Chinese from the county elections department.