Changing name on wifes passport

what is the procedure for changing my wifes name on her chinese passport to match her greencard where she has taken my name the travel agent said she would need to do this to reenter the US after her trip to china? I am near the chinese consulate in LA but need to know what to do about it :)

what is the procedure for changing my wifes name on her chinese passport to match her greencard where she has taken my name the travel agent said she would need to do this to reenter the US after her trip to china? I am near the chinese consulate in LA but need to know what to do about it :)

It involves visiting the Chinese consulate having jurisdiction over where you live, and they will place an AKA notation in the passport.

Visit the consulate in L.A.

I would not worry much about this, my wife is on her second Chinese passport since immigrating to the USA, it still shows her maiden name, she has been back to China since immigrating, we simply book airfare using passport name, and she simply shows green-card to Chinese exit authorities proving she can enter the USA, and the US POE is only concerned with a valid green-card upon arrival.

My wife is in the process of becoming a US Citizen, so when she does become a US Citizen, the next passport will have her married name in it.

So you guys did not change or even notate her passport? after i had posted this question my wife told me she heard from her sites that people are taking their marriage cert to prove the name and using that i dont want to have to do more work than needed, so if i dont have to notate it i wont'

It involves visiting the Chinese consulate having jurisdiction over where you live, and they will place an AKA notation in the passport.

Visit the consulate in L.A.

I would not worry much about this, my wife is on her second Chinese passport since immigrating to the USA, it still shows her maiden name, she has been back to China since immigrating, we simply book airfare using passport name, and she simply shows green-card to Chinese exit authorities proving she can enter the USA, and the US POE is only concerned with a valid green-card upon arrival.

My wife is in the process of becoming a US Citizen, so when she does become a US Citizen, the next passport will have her married name in it.

So you guys did not change or even notate her passport? after i had posted this question my wife told me she heard from her sites that people are taking their marriage cert to prove the name and using that i dont want to have to do more work than needed, so if i dont have to notate it i wont'

Yes, that's what some do, carry a copy of marriage cert to show name change, to explain the difference between name on passport and green-card.

Other problems some do run into, is travel during period when removing conditions, the green-card looks to have expired, and the exit authority or airline has problems understanding that the I-751 extension letter serves as a green-card, in those cases when traveling, it is advisable to visit a USCIS field office (INFO-PASS) and get an I-551 endorsement stamp in passport before travel.

When my wife traveled to China last year all she had was passport and green-card, we forgot to have copy of marriage cert, she had no problems.

Thanks this info really helps now i am going to call the agent and have her book it matching the passport

Yes, that's what some do, carry a copy of marriage cert to show name change, to explain the difference between name on passport and green-card.

Other problems some do run into, is travel during period when removing conditions, the green-card looks to have expired, and the exit authority or airline has problems understanding that the I-751 extension letter serves as a green-card, in those cases when traveling, it is advisable to visit a USCIS field office (INFO-PASS) and get an I-551 endorsement stamp in passport before travel.

When my wife traveled to China last year all she had was passport and green-card, we forgot to have copy of marriage cert, she had no problems.