DCF I-130 Backup in Beijing USCIS

Since my company sent a lot of people over here to Dalian, I know more than a few guys who have married Chinese woman since we have been here. Due to the timing of when we are going back to the US, I know four couples who filed DCF in Beijing in July 2011. All four still have not received notice of approval (though one did get a RFE). At least a few of them have sent emails to inquire.

In my wife and my case we were approved in 29 days but we filed in February 2011.

It is now approaching 90 days for most of them. I would be interested in feedback from people who filed DCF in Beijing in June 2011 or later and whether they have received notice of approval or the P3 package.

Thanks.

Edited by Beachey (see edit history)
  • 3 weeks later...

Three out of Four couples have received confirmation (via email) from Beijing that their I-130 petitions (via DCF) have been approved. In all three cases, the approval occurred at the three month mark. The fourth couple is not quite to three months yet.

Earlier this year, couples were completing the entire DCF process (Petition to Interview) in three months so the process has slowed down quite a bit. We took four months but were delayed in returning the P3.

Whether this is a permanent change or just a temporary backlog is still to be determined.

Beachey,

Thanks for that update. Glad to hear that those 3 couples received them at three months. That is precisely what the USCIS told me in an email response to my inquiry. I guess I will have to wait a few more weeks. <_<

As you pointed out this is a fairly significant lengthening of the pendency time. I have not seen or heard any reason for this lengthening.

Thanks,

Joe

Good News! I 130 petition approval letters for wife and step son arrived Nov 5. They were dated 26 Oct and the Beijing postmark indicates they were mailed Nov 1. The Oct 26 date is is exactly 2 calendar months from the date of petition. Letter was postmarked Nov 1 from Beijing. Will update when get the P3 from Guangzhou.

Joe

• 4 weeks later...

After waiting 2+ weeks after receiving notice that our petition was approved, we sent emails to GUZ requesting status. They told us that the names were in the system for wife and step son and P3 was mailed. We gave it a wekk to get here and then wrote back. Explained the situation and they emailed us the case numbers on 28 Nov. We filed DS230's and OF 169's etc with GUZ via EMS on 29 Nov. We received EMS from GUZ with P3 sent from GUZ on 28 Nov. I think the message is that their mail room is slow so may be email is a better way to keep the process moving.

We are now waiting for P4.

Joe