online case status?

Applying for a K1 visa. Fiancee returned P3 packet a little over two weeks ago. People are telling her there's a web site where you can go to check the status of your case. I searched the Guangzhou consulate site and found an inquiry form you can use to ask for an update... but didn't see anywhere I could enter our case number and get a status. Does anyone know definitively if such a site exists? Many thanks in advance.

Applying for a K1 visa. Fiancee returned P3 packet a little over two weeks ago. People are telling her there's a web site where you can go to check the status of your case. I searched the Guangzhou consulate site and found an inquiry form you can use to ask for an update... but didn't see anywhere I could enter our case number and get a status. Does anyone know definitively if such a site exists? Many thanks in advance.

At this point in the process, no. What these others are may be talking about is how you can check the status of the petition online from the time it is initially submitted to USCIS to the time a decision is rendered.

At this point in the process, no. What these others are may be talking about is how you can check the status of the petition online from the time it is initially submitted to USCIS to the time a decision is rendered.

Yes, thank you. Very familiar with that site. Used to check it every day, even though I knew the first thing I'd see would be a text alert... but just in case... :) Would be nice if there were something similar for this phase of the process. My fiancee is traveling with her family this week during the holidays... having a wonderful time... and I'm a basket case worrying they'll try to deliver the P4 packet while she's gone!!!

Yes, thank you. Very familiar with that site. Used to check it every day, even though I knew the first thing I'd see would be a text alert... but just in case... :) Would be nice if there were something similar for this phase of the process. My fiancee is traveling with her family this week during the holidays... having a wonderful time... and I'm a basket case worrying they'll try to deliver the P4 packet while she's gone!!!

Would be nice.

I found out when P-4 was mailed before m received it by calling DOS Visa Services and asking a couple times a week, they will give you interview date, (202) 663-1225

The forms them selves can be downloaded from:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/forms_and_packets.htm

http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=fe3647a55773d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Would be nice.

I found out when P-4 was mailed before m received it by calling DOS Visa Services and asking a couple times a week, they will give you interview date, (202) 663-1225

The forms them selves can be downloaded from:

http://guangzhou.use...and_packets.htm

http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

http://www.uscis.gov...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Thank you so much! I had no idea there was a number you could call. Provided much relief... P4 packet hasn't gone out yet. If all goes perfectly, will go out as soon as she's home.

I think we're on track with the P4 forms. I downloaded them a couple of weeks ago. Unlike the forms I filled out for the initial petition, none of these were editable. Created editable versions of the 156, 157, 157KEC, and GNI-2 for my sweetie. Would be happy to share if of interest to anyone.

Thanks again!

Hi: I'm in the same situation? Fiancee sent the info back to Guangzhou 2 weeks ago but the validation date on the I-797c is from July 6 2011 to Nov 06 2011. It is Oct 11th today and still no interview date. So I called Guangzhou which was a waste of time but then I called the national visa center and finally got a hold of some one which told me they can automatically extend the validation date for the petition? So then I emailed my attorney and he told me no way... they have to finish the interview within the validation date. So this is all so overwhelming because I want to go with her to the interview but with no idea of the date of interview make it impossible to get a plane ticket in advance. So if my Attorney is right then they should be scheduling it soon because the validation period is coming to an end in less then 30 days?

Hi: I'm in the same situation? Fiancee sent the info back to Guangzhou 2 weeks ago but the validation date on the I-797c is from July 6 2011 to Nov 06 2011. It is Oct 11th today and still no interview date. So I called Guangzhou which was a waste of time but then I called the national visa center and finally got a hold of some one which told me they can automatically extend the validation date for the petition? So then I emailed my attorney and he told me no way... they have to finish the interview within the validation date. So this is all so overwhelming because I want to go with her to the interview but with no idea of the date of interview make it impossible to get a plane ticket in advance. So if my Attorney is right then they should be scheduling it soon because the validation period is coming to an end in less then 30 days?

Forget about that "Valid date" the consulate NEVER interviews prior to the stated expiration date on that letter. They have the authority to extend the validity period. Sounds like your lawyer is NOT familiar with consular procedures.

My Petition Expired – Can It Be Extended?

The I-129F petition is valid for four months from the date of approval by USCIS. A Consular Officer can extend the validity of the petition if it expires before visa processing is completed.

http://travel.state....es_2994.html#11

I hope you do not use that lawyer to adjust status after marriage.

Also NEVER, EVER book a plane ticket prior to knowing the out come of the interview, unless you can get a refundable or flexible ticket.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)