Receipt number for calling USCIS

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update. I have already received the green card which only took about a little over three months since we applied for it. We did not have an interview. We applied for the Green Card, the travel permit and the the work permit. We were travelling around the country so our friends were taking care of our mail for us. Our friends received our work permit in about two months after we applied. When we got the work permit from our friends we found that the work permit is also good for travel. It says so on the front side of the card of the Employment Authorization. Thanks for you guys' help here and hopefully our experience would be beneficial to some of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations.

One of the main advantages/reasons of being able to call USCIS is to be able to talk to someone about your case. Something you cannot do online...

So yes, if you are only checking status, the online info will most likely match. Although my experience is that we were approved several days before our online status was updated.

Just an update. I have already received the green card which only took about a little over three months since we applied for it. We did not have an interview. We applied for the Green Card, the travel permit and the the work permit. We were travelling around the country so our friends were taking care of our mail for us. Our friends received our work permit in about two months after we applied. When we got the work permit from our friends we found that the work permit is also good for travel. It says so on the front side of the card of the Employment Authorization. Thanks for you guys' help here and hopefully our experience would be beneficial to some of you.

Jiaying's last card (in 2007) said "NOT VALID FOR REENTRY TO U.S." We had a separate AP form. What does yours say?

I wonder if they're combining the AP document into the EAD card now

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)