Receipt number for calling USCIS

Hi, all,

I applied for the I-131 which is a travel permit. It's almost two months now after we had the fingerprint done. I called USCIS to see if I can find my status but they require the 13 digital receipt number. I know my receipt number but it includes MSC with another 10 digital numbers. I am confused, how should I give them the right number?

Thanks

Hi, all,

I applied for the I-131 which is a travel permit. It's almost two months now after we had the fingerprint done. I called USCIS to see if I can find my status but they require the 13 digital receipt number. I know my receipt number but it includes MSC with another 10 digital numbers. I am confused, how should I give them the right number?

Thanks

MSC XXXXXXXXXX is the number they are asking for.

MSC tells them where the application is located.

I have seen many cases where green-card shows up shortly after AP.

Where is your I-485? has it been transferred to California?

Yes it has been transferred to Califorlia. You mean I should put in MSC too?

Yes case still is an MSC case because it is an adjustment of status.

Case being transferred to Cali just indicates ma approve the adjustment without an interview, typically around 4 months after filing.

When I first called I was a little surprised and stumped too when the AVR asked for the receipt number. I was thinking numbers and not letters and numbers or possibly her A #. But I typed it in and it worked. We just finished this process and in a surprising 2.5 months from submission to approval -- your mileage may vary.

And as I am sure Dan knows the link he provided to VJ shows that some cases that are transfered to Cali are then sent to the local office of the petitioner for interview. The ones shown of course were successful.

Good luck!

Henry

2.5 to get a green card or a travel permit?

We did not need AP and filed past 6 months out of status. AP is meant to be faster when filed at the same time though. But the GC trumps AP, so yes, GC and not a long wait. Thank you USCIS.

Good luck!

I tried to put in the receipt number which is 3 letters plus 10 digital numbers but I couldn't put the letters in so it didn't work. Then I tried my A# but it didn't work either because it had only 10 digitable numbers instead of 13. Is there anything else I should try?

Try using website:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do

Sometimes the number on a biometrics letter works instead of the one on the I-485 receipt letter.

I am sure you know this but M = 6, S = 7 and C = 2. Then the 10 numbers...

+1 Like! I was thinking that, but decided to not say.

I did not know this but I will try this next Monday. Just out of Curiosity, why is that M=6, S=7, C=2? Thank you~

Look at your phone keypad then you will figure it out.

Yep.

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/bwf211/bwf2111006/bwf211100600159/7216444-a-close-view-of-the-numbers-of-a-cordless-phone-keypad.jpg