No.2 Question on DS230 Part 1

Hello All,

Thank you all in advance for dropping by. :)

I am wondering if you or your wife/fiancee put their chosen English names, which are different from the Pinyin of their Chinese names, in answering Qustion #2 when they filled in DS230 Part 1?

I did put my English name together with my Chinese family name in the box of "All Other Names Used" on the G-325A when we were filing the I-129F petition because I always use the English name in all my communication with my fiance. He knows the Pinyin of my Chinese name, but usually calls my English name.

Some people say any other names that don't appear on any legal documents shoudn't be put in the DS 230 Part 1 in case the consulate will prolong the background check on the applicant.

So I wonder if I should put it in the form just like I did on the G-325A. What did you guys do?

Thanks for your attention!

My wife put her English name under "other names used" or Q2. For Q2, for example, my wife put "Jessica" which is the English name (not her legal name) she sometimes used while in China (my wife taught English). To be honest, I never called her that, nor have I heard her refer herself as Jessica. I tend to look at Q2 as more of an "aliases" used question.

Just an FYL edit:

I believe Q2 entries will probably result in another entry for background check. Not a big deal in my opinion

My wife put her English name under "other names used" or Q2. For Q2, for example, my wife put "Jessica" which is the English name (not her legal name) she sometimes used while in China (my wife taught English). To be honest, I never called her that, nor have I heard her refer herself as Jessica. I tend to look at Q2 as more of an "aliases" used question.

Just an FYL edit:

I believe Q2 entries will probably result in another entry for background check. Not a big deal in my opinion

That's a VERY helpful reply. Thank you, Kyle. I DO appreciate your kind input!

I think I will go ahead and put my English name in the box then! :)

Edited by wateress (see edit history)

Other names used is for names used in a legal sense, as in maiden names, not nic-names.

My wife has a western nic-name Rosemary, this was not and still not noted on any applications or petitions.

Other names used is for names used in a legal sense, as in maiden names, not nic-names.

My wife has a western nic-name Rosemary, this was not and still not noted on any applications or petitions.

Thanks a lot Dan, as always. However, I already put my English name on the G-325A. I think I should be consistent. Also My English name appears in all the correspondence with my fiance. It's also good to show them that it's me.

Edited by wateress (see edit history)