Advice Needed! Girlfriend Applying for B2 Visa Tomorrow.

Thanks everyone. I will give further information after the interview. I think we have some decent proof that she will return to China, but...we will see.

Please do and I'll have my fingers crossed for you.

Larry

P. S. Randy my wife had never been out of China. It was her first trip. I don't understand their thinking either. It seems as though they reach their quota for the day that they are going to allow and from there on everyone else is denied. Just seems that way to me. I have read some, in my opinion, mighty unrealistic denials.

Larry, my wife was in the same boat. Prior to her first B-2, she never left China. In fact, she got her passport for the purpose of applying for a B-2.

• 4 months later...

Everyone, I just wanted to follow up on this (even though it has been a while). My girlfriend (now fiancee) received her traveler's visa with very little trouble. I believe that what helped her was that she indicated that she was interested in traveling to visit schools (she will become a graduate student sooner or later).

The questions that they asked were "why are you going to the USA?" (she answered visit schools), then the guy asked "what schools?" (she answered), then the guy asked what her GRE score was (she answered incorrectly due to being nervous). Then the guy said "enjoy your trip to the USA and don't forget your purpose (school)."

It was apparently a very pleasant and easy process. She prepared a lot of paperwork, but none of it was actually looked at.

I hope this helps someone. I think what helped her was that she was interested in becoming a student in the USA (and thus, giving money to the USA). From everything I've read, it is becoming less and less strict for chinese students to get USA visas for this reason. My fiancees friend also was able to get a USA travelers visa for the same reason.