How do you survive this crazy journey?

Hi. You have all been so helpful to me with the different posts you have made and also the responses to posts that I have made. As someone that is early on in the K1 journey, I am finding myself worrying about all the "what ifs". I read that some people met once, filed the I129F, and were approved in 6 months. I've read that others met 4 or 5 times, then filed for the K1. Some say that you need to meet multiple times before filing and I know several....even personal friends..who met once, filed, and got the K1. There are so many opinions and stories that I find myself kind not knowing what to expect/believe. Some of the posts I read leave me feeling hopeless. Bottom line, like all of you, me and my fiancee love each other very much and want this K1 so she can come to the US so we can be married. Sorry if I sound like I am whining or groaning. I never dreamed I would be in a relationship with someone 6000 miles away lol. Thanks all

Hi. You have all been so helpful to me with the different posts you have made and also the responses to posts that I have made. As someone that is early on in the K1 journey, I am finding myself worrying about all the "what ifs". I read that some people met once, filed the I129F, and were approved in 6 months. I've read that others met 4 or 5 times, then filed for the K1. Some say that you need to meet multiple times before filing and I know several....even personal friends..who met once, filed, and got the K1. There are so many opinions and stories that I find myself kind not knowing what to expect/believe. Some of the posts I read leave me feeling hopeless. Bottom line, like all of you, me and my fiancee love each other very much and want this K1 so she can come to the US so we can be married. Sorry if I sound like I am whining or groaning. I never dreamed I would be in a relationship with someone 6000 miles away lol. Thanks all

Buddy, there is no logic with GUZ. Yes, it would seem to be more logical to go to China 4 times and then file your K-1 app, but like you said yourself, many get an easy visa with one trip. Personally I went one time and made the K-1 application, but I went 3 more times during the next 8 months it took the paperwork to wind it's way through the process to the interview, and was I there with Wenyan for that interview. The visa officer wouldn't even look at my updated EOR letter or my passport of the proof that I was there in Guangzhou. :lol:

This process of getting the visa is totally arbitrary. Yes, you cover all of your bases, cross all the T's and dot all the i's on the forms, and front load that petition with everything under the sun but in the end it is luck. They can deny ANYONE for ANYTHING they speculate or conjecture up in their minds. There is nothing you can do about that.

Just relax, do your homework on what to send in on that initial application. Do your best with every scrap of info you have to prove your "bona fide" relationship. Write a good evolution of relationship (EOR) letter, send the packet in and watch as you get the NOA-1 and NOA-2 from the USCIS and enjoy those successes as the case makes it's way to the NVC, and on to Guangzhou for her interview.

You are going to have to wait anyhow, make it as enjoyable as you can....if it's possible go see your girlfriend as often as you can during the wait and be with her for her interview to support her during that stressful time. Again, make it enjoyable, this is one of those times in life that you will never forget.

Good "luck". :)

tsap seui

Buddy, there is no logic with GUZ. Yes, it would seem to be more logical to go to China 4 times and then file your K-1 app, but like you said yourself, many get an easy visa with one trip. Personally I went one time and made the K-1 application, but I went 3 more times during the next 8 months it took the paperwork to wind it's way through the process to the interview, and was I there with Wenyan for that interview. The visa officer wouldn't even look at my updated EOR letter or my passport of the proof that I was there in Guangzhou. :lol:

This process of getting the visa is totally arbitrary. Yes, you cover all of your bases, cross all the T's and dot all the i's on the forms, and front load that petition with everything under the sun but in the end it is luck. They can deny ANYONE for ANYTHING they speculate or conjecture up in their minds. There is nothing you can do about that.

Just relax, do your homework on what to send in on that initial application. Do your best with every scrap of info you have to prove your "bona fide" relationship. Write a good evolution of relationship (EOR) letter, send the packet in and watch as you get the NOA-1 and NOA-2 from the USCIS and enjoy those successes as the case makes it's way to the NVC, and on to Guangzhou for her interview.

You are going to have to wait anyhow, make it as enjoyable as you can....if it's possible go see your girlfriend as often as you can during the wait and be with her for her interview to support her during that stressful time. Again, make it enjoyable, this is one of those times in life that you will never forget.

Good "luck". :)

tsap seui

Thanks for the encouraging words. I put all the info and proof I had with the I-129f when I sent it in. Everything I could think of I put in as evidence. I can't think of anything more I could send in. I received my NOA1 pretty fast...now just waiting for the NOA2. You're right about everything you said. I plan to go back to China to spend a week with her in January and hopefully back there for the interview. I have a 10 yr old daughter who lives with me so that makes it a little tough to do these trips. My fiancee spends a lot of time on 001 and there seems to be some great info on that site. Her english is great as she is an english teacher. She is 41 and I am 40. We both have college educations. She owns her home and car. We both have good incomes. I am hoping all this totals up to success. One thing that encourages me is that it seems pretty much everyone eventually gets their visa as long as they play the game.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I put all the info and proof I had with the I-129f when I sent it in. Everything I could think of I put in as evidence. I can't think of anything more I could send in. I received my NOA1 pretty fast...now just waiting for the NOA2. You're right about everything you said. I plan to go back to China to spend a week with her in January and hopefully back there for the interview. I have a 10 yr old daughter who lives with me so that makes it a little tough to do these trips. My fiancee spends a lot of time on 001 and there seems to be some great info on that site. Her english is great as she is an english teacher. She is 41 and I am 40. We both have college educations. She owns her home and car. We both have good incomes. I am hoping all this totals up to success. One thing that encourages me is that it seems pretty much everyone eventually gets their visa as long as they play the game.

From reading this small background, I suspect your process will go easily.

Going for you is:

1) both have good income

2) both speak english

3) Your relationship developed over a reasonable time.

The only thing I'd suggest you explain is why you didn't just marry in China. This could easily be discussed in your EOR letter.

My opinion of how this works is .. well m opinion, and as Tsap says there is luck involved, but really the VO is playing the odds.

If your wife is from a province known for visa fraud, they will dream up problems for the visa.

If your income is abnormal (self employed, retired etc.) then the will look closer.

If there is strangeness in the finances between you (abnormal exchange of funds), they will look closer.

If the language difference is large, they will look with a critical eye on how you could have built a relationship.

If there is instability in either of your current lifestyle, they will look closer.

If you or your fiance' have had previous foreign marriages that a visa was denied for, or approved, and then terminated shortly after approval.. the will look closer.

If you met through one of the online sites known for matchmaking, they will be critical.

There is certainly other criteria, but these things are the ones I see when people have trouble.

If you work for the same company for 10 years, make over 100k, and met online for a reasonable period of time, and visited a reasonable number of times, I have never seen any failures.

As Tsap said though, I have also seen people I wouldn't believe were a realistic relationship get an easy visa, so it is luck to some extent.

Since your from Reno, you should understand this well. The VO is playing the odds, they cannot read minds, they can only read the documents and background of the case, and in 5 minute interview try to guess which one is fraud and which one is real.

You can stack the odds in your favor if you have a very boring, normal life and relationship.

From reading this small background, I suspect your process will go easily.

Going for you is:

1) both have good income

2) both speak english

3) Your relationship developed over a reasonable time.

The only thing I'd suggest you explain is why you didn't just marry in China. This could easily be discussed in your EOR letter.

My opinion of how this works is .. well m opinion, and as Tsap says there is luck involved, but really the VO is playing the odds.

If your wife is from a province known for visa fraud, they will dream up problems for the visa.

If your income is abnormal (self employed, retired etc.) then the will look closer.

If there is strangeness in the finances between you (abnormal exchange of funds), they will look closer.

If the language difference is large, they will look with a critical eye on how you could have built a relationship.

If there is instability in either of your current lifestyle, they will look closer.

If you or your fiance' have had previous foreign marriages that a visa was denied for, or approved, and then terminated shortly after approval.. the will look closer.

If you met through one of the online sites known for matchmaking, they will be critical.

There is certainly other criteria, but these things are the ones I see when people have trouble.

If you work for the same company for 10 years, make over 100k, and met online for a reasonable period of time, and visited a reasonable number of times, I have never seen any failures.

As Tsap said though, I have also seen people I wouldn't believe were a realistic relationship get an easy visa, so it is luck to some extent.

Since your from Reno, you should understand this well. The VO is playing the odds, they cannot read minds, they can only read the documents and background of the case, and in 5 minute interview try to guess which one is fraud and which one is real.

You can stack the odds in your favor if you have a very boring, normal life and relationship.

Based on what you said I don't think we will have any significant problems. She is from Langfang...about an hour from Beijing. We did meet online from a "dating" site but I have read that many people meet that way and that it is understood. My friend met a woman from the Phillipines online. They met once, filed for K1, and were approved in 9 months. I know this is not china...but its a success story. We are just hoping for the best :-)

Based on what you said I don't think we will have any significant problems. She is from Langfang...about an hour from Beijing. We did meet online from a "dating" site but I have read that many people meet that way and that it is understood. My friend met a woman from the Phillipines online. They met once, filed for K1, and were approved in 9 months. I know this is not china...but its a success story. We are just hoping for the best :-)

I don't mean just the normal dating site, some work this way.

1) Agency puts up pictures of attractive women.

2) Builds relationship with men.

3) Sells the man to a woman interested in a foreign man.

(Yes I know Chinese women in America that met this way. I think Tsap somewhere has a post that his wife was this way)

When the foreigner comes to China, the woman meeting him may have never read or written a single chat.

THAT IS what I mean by a dating agency/site.

And this is something you can clarify in EOR as well. I met my wife online, I think most of us do here. But if an agency was involved, perhaps you don't even know, still the VO will be more concerned. Again it is about the odds of a real relationship when your commitment to the relationship origination was drop 30,000 yuan to an agency, and go to the airport.

(Yes I know Chinese women in America that met this way. I think Tsap somewhere has a post that his wife was this way)

When the foreigner comes to China, the woman meeting him may have never read or written a single chat.

And this is something you can clarify in EOR as well. I met my wife online, I think most of us do here. But if an agency was involved, perhaps you don't even know, still the VO will be more concerned. Again it is about the odds of a real relationship when your commitment to the relationship origination was drop 30,000 yuan to an agency, and go to the airport.

Ohhhh I see. We did not use an "agency". We met on a normal dating web site. Thank goodness lol. We met online...chatted/emailed/talked on skype then we met in person and spent 2 weeks together

The name of the "game" is PERSEVERANCE!. NEVER GIVE UP ... NEVER SURRENDER! Ole Tzap is the role model here for patience and endurance. Heed his words and advice and I am sure you will do just fine!! Sometimes it is just the roll of the dice but if you present a rock solid case and follow the guides here and on VJ you will, in all likelihood, come out a winner! Best of luck to you on your journey. Keep your head up and continue to drive forward!

The name of the "game" is PERSEVERANCE!. NEVER GIVE UP ... NEVER SURRENDER! Ole Tzap is the role model here for patience and endurance. Heed his words and advice and I am sure you will do just fine!! Sometimes it is just the roll of the dice but if you present a rock solid case and follow the guides here and on VJ you will, in all likelihood, come out a winner! Best of luck to you on your journey. Keep your head up and continue to drive forward!

Thank you for the encouraging words and you are right...quitting is not an option. This is the first time in my life I have felt really in love. My mom and my daughter both talk to my fiancee on skype and they really like her too. I am so thankful there is a site like this where you can talk to. Thanks

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17635-heading-for-big-problems-with-my-so/

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17635-heading-for-big-problems-with-my-so/

Thank you for sharing this

One thing to keep in mind is while this process is hard for us, it is usually harder for the Chinese spouse.

In a weird way, trying to reassure my wife during this process that it would work out in the end helped me to not focus on my own frustrations.

One thing to keep in mind is while this process is hard for us, it is usually harder for the Chinese spouse.

In a weird way, trying to reassure my wife during this process that it would work out in the end helped me to not focus on my own frustrations.

I am noticing that. My fiancee reads 001 everyday. It seems there are as many stories about people getting "white" as there are people getting "pink". This causes her to feel like our chances of getting a K1 are no better than the people who get denied. It's a bit confusing too because everything I read on CFL, most people do end up getting their K1. I have faith and hopes that we will get our K1. She is CCP so it might be delayed but with us both being 40+ and she speaks English well....I will we have a good chance. Who knows.

I am noticing that. My fiancee reads 001 everyday. It seems there are as many stories about people getting "white" as there are people getting "pink". This causes her to feel like our chances of getting a K1 are no better than the people who get denied. It's a bit confusing too because everything I read on CFL, most people do end up getting their K1. I have faith and hopes that we will get our K1. She is CCP so it might be delayed but with us both being 40+ and she speaks English well....I will we have a good chance. Who knows.

ccp is automatic blue I have heard, but it is also 100% solvable. just plan for the delay and no one will be dissappointed.

ccp is automatic blue I have heard, but it is also 100% solvable. just plan for the delay and no one will be dissappointed.

We are already planning for blue because of CCP. From what I have read they will want a resume' from her and letter from her explaining that her membership was required by her job and that she does not believe in CCP philosophy and is not active in the party. Thanks :-)