Help needed

Hello everyone,

We are now still waiting for P3. When we were waiting for our P2, USCIS sent my fiance a RFE because he didn't complete the Part C in I-129F(regarding criminal history). My fiance completed the whole I-129F again and sent it back immediately. Before long, we got our P2. Now as I am preparing for my interview, I heard of stories about people getting blue slips because their fiances didn't complete the Part C in I-129F. And some people suggested that their fiances in the U.S. should provide Notarized No Criminal Record Certificate. Is it true? Is it necessary for my fiance to get his Notarized No Criminal Record Certificate in the U.S. and send it to me for my interview?

If so, do you know how long it will take him to get one? I am so confused. I will surely appreciate any help and suggestions. Thank you in advance!

Never heard of a US Citizen being required to get a police report when filing the I-129F, or being needed for interview. Only foreign citizen (The Beneficiary) needs to get a police report from places lived since age 16, in the case of China, one report from the PSB office having jurisdiction of their household book, and if lived in other countries for periods longer than 6 months, will need reports from those countries, unless not available.

USCIS does conduct a background check of US Citizen when processing petition, they do contact FBI, they do sometimes request to interview the US citizen in a field office located near where citizen lives, in cases where the US Citizen does have a criminal record. If background check turns up a conviction would they would request a record.

More than likely the I-129F was not completely filled out and requested another one that was completely filled out.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/I-129FCrime1.jpg

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/I-129FCrime2.jpg

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

This should be a none-issue; if you got P2, USCIS approved what he submitted. From a 'petition' point of view, you qualified. GUZ determines if you qualify for issuance of a visa. If they feel something was not disclosed, they could make an issue of it if USCIS had approved it without knowing something. But this kind of speculation gets wild really easy.

So best to accept the P2 as 'petition approved'... and know your own case (ie: relationship) well enough to know of other issues that GUZ might make an example of.... and do your best along the entire process to make them a none-issue.

Thanks Dan and David for your suggestions! Your kindness is fully appreciated!!

It's true that the problem was just the I-129F was not completely filled out and USCIS just requested him to fill it out completely.

I do hope it's not an issue for my interview since I don't really want to get a blue slip and wait for a few months more.

Now I am planning to write the consulate an email after we get P3 to make sure my fiance doesn't have to provide the No Criminal Record Ceritificate. On the flip side, I wonder if I am making a big deal out of this. But it never hurts to ask, does it? :unsure:

Edited by wateress (see edit history)

Thanks Dan and David for your suggestions! Your kindness is fully appreciated!!

It's true that the problem was just the I-129F was not completely filled out and USCIS just requested him to fill it out completely.

I do hope it's not an issue for my interview since I don't really want to get a blue slip and wait for a few months more.

Now I am planning to write the consulate an email after we get P3 to make sure my fiance doesn't have to provide the No Criminal Record Ceritificate. On the flip side, I wonder if I am making a big deal out of this. But it never hurts to ask, does it? :unsure:

They will tell you No, he doesn't.

For his part, if he wants to get one anyway, he will need to go to EACH police department having jurisdiction over where he has lived. The US doesn't have a national database for these things. NOT recommended.

They will tell you No, he doesn't.

For his part, if he wants to get one anyway, he will need to go to EACH police department having jurisdiction over where he has lived. The US doesn't have a national database for these things. NOT recommended.

:blink: WOW, that could be a pain in the ass then! Thank you Randy. I start to realize how silly the question is. :ph34r:

Maybe if one was needed, USCIS would have asked him to provide before our petition was even approved.

Thanks again! You guys rock!