Chinese Marriage Customs

What I know of many sons in china is they sit on their lazy azz all day and drink, smoke and complain they can not find work. Sure was happy we had daughters, I find the women in china seem to work a lot harder than the men.

I am sure some will disagree but I did see it with my own eyes :lol:

Ying's son has a job. I don't know what he makes, but when we first met he was graduating as a building engineer.

What I know of many sons in china is they sit on their lazy azz all day and drink, smoke and complain they can not find work. Sure was happy we had daughters, I find the women in china seem to work a lot harder than the men.

Ying's son has a job. I don't know what he makes, but when we first met he was graduating as a building engineer.

After reading the posts, I don't see why you cannot just tell Ying she can send her money to her son.

That solves the issue in terms of sending money home, solves your issue of retirement.

It doesn't sound like her son is a freeloader, so the whole issue seems reasonable.

After reading the posts, I don't see why you cannot just tell Ying she can send her money to her son.

That solves the issue in terms of sending money home, solves your issue of retirement.

It doesn't sound like her son is a freeloader, so the whole issue seems reasonable.

As usual Credzba....the voice of reason. :D

tsap seui

Be careful here. Remember the guideline of CFL is to show mutual respect. I know lots of Chinese men who are hard workers and take good care of their families. I know many American men who are dead beat dads. Chinese male bashing won't be tolerated. These men are your wife's brothers, fathers, uncles and nephews. What do you think she would say?

Be careful here. Remember the guideline of CFL is to show mutual respect. I know lots of Chinese men who are hard workers and take good care of their families. I know many American men who are dead beat dads. Chinese male bashing won't be tolerated. These men are your wife's brothers, fathers, uncles and nephews. What do you think she would say?

She would say if he is a deadbeat tell the truth, And I still stand by the women work harder in China! So I will only speak nice things about every one!

As usual Credzba....the voice of reason.

That may be true... but mental 'reason' is not what they always want; this has turned into action 'reason', as in "what reason to not do it". Getting into a battle over logic or reason will wear you down here.

And I still stand by the women work harder in China! So I will only speak nice things about every one!

That's a good point and I always like to point out the quote by Mao, who said: "Women hold up half the sky"... what he failed to put in the footnotes is that they are holding up the heavier half :D