I agree this is an excellent write-up and mirrors much of my wife's and my experience filing DCF CR-1 with a CCP background

However I disagree with his statement the consulate does nothing with the statement and resume.

The consulate needs a legal statement as to the the nature of the communist party membership. As he quite thoroughly describes, there are certain key phrases that establishes whether the beneficiary is eligible for the exception. If that is all that was needed, the VO would be able to approve the visa the same day.

I believe the resume is required since it forms the basis of the background check (SAO) in Washington. It is quite likely that the actual background check uses a few key data points from the resume and may be done in a matter of minutes. Like most of this process, almost all of the waiting time your case is sitting in one pile or another. Reading on this site about the history of the 'Black Hole' I would be shocked if they are doing no background check at all.

Also, my suspicion is if you provided the statement and resume upfront with the petition (I-129/I-130) the net effect would be to slow down the approval of the petition and the background check post-interview would still be required. It might be an interesting experiment for someone to try but I would not volunteer my case.

I agree this is an excellent write-up and mirrors much of my wife's and my experience filing DCF CR-1 with a CCP background

However I disagree with his statement the consulate does nothing with the statement and resume.

The consulate needs a legal statement as to the the nature of the communist party membership. As he quite thoroughly describes, there are certain key phrases that establishes whether the beneficiary is eligible for the exception. If that is all that was needed, the VO would be able to approve the visa the same day.

I believe the resume is required since it forms the basis of the background check (SAO) in Washington. It is quite likely that the actual background check uses a few key data points from the resume and may be done in a matter of minutes. Like most of this process, almost all of the waiting time your case is sitting in one pile or another. Reading on this site about the history of the 'Black Hole' I would be shocked if they are doing no background check at all.

Also, my suspicion is if you provided the statement and resume upfront with the petition (I-129/I-130) the net effect would be to slow down the approval of the petition and the background check post-interview would still be required. It might be an interesting experiment for someone to try but I would not volunteer my case.

Thanks for that feedback. I will put a copy of your comments in that pinned thread

Thanks for that feedback. I will put a copy of your comments in that pinned thread

Yeah...great information. My fiancee is CCP so this will definitely come in handy as we get closer to the interview