Final preparation for the interview.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your responses about the documents my Fiancee for got to include in Packet three.

New issue. My Fiancee and I have been using Yahoo instant message to chat. We also have web cam.

We chat at least three times a week. For further EOR, I have been time stamping and printing the conversations.The issue is that they are in Chinese. I have a translation program I purchased so we could communicate easier. She sends me her message in Chinese and I translate it into English. I write my message in English and transalte it into Chinese and send it back to her. As you might imagine, our conversations are about 2 or 3 hours in length. :D Question is, should these be given to the VO if they ask for more evidence? Also since her English is poor, do they still offer the option of Chinese for the interview.

Documents I am including;

Updated EOR for me and her.

Three years of tax transcripts.

Updated letter of intent.

Employment letter(notorized?)

Letter from her Family.

More pictures.

I-134

This is a Fiancee visa. Her and her Daughter are coming to America at the same time.

Thank you for all of your help.

The VO should be able to read Chinese, so Chinese IM chats should be fine in the off-chance that they are requested. Hopefully you frontloaded the petition with other evidence of communication, so the VO will already have this in front of him/her at the interview.

I think the bigger issue/red flag might be lack of a common language. In other words, in my opinion, you should be able to say that at least one of you is learning the other's language, not just using translation software for all communication. This question ("how do you communicate?") will likely be asked directly if you request the interview be done in Chinese.

I think the bigger issue/red flag might be lack of a common language. In other words, in my opinion, you should be able to say that at least one of you is learning the other's language, not just using translation software for all communication. This question ("how do you communicate?") will likely be asked directly if you request the interview be done in Chinese.

I agree. This has always been an issue but often does not stand alone as a reason to deny someone. This in combination with how long you knew each other before getting engaged and how much face time (visits) you have put together a picture for the VO. But there seems something in the air right now that denials are not as severe, JMO.

Thank you. Actualy, I can speak some Chinese. I have spent 2.5 years in China working for my company. In that timeframe I have picked up about one thousand words. I met my Fiancee in person in Changsha, September 18th 2010. I spent three weeks with her and her family. In October 2010, I went to work for three months in Fuzhou. My Fiancee Travelled with me and spent the entire time by my side. I had a chance to speak with the hotel maid. I felt very good because she could understand my Chinese. :lol: We text each other several times a week. I use Pinying to text her, She responds the same. I can understand about 90% of her text message. :D Yes, I did front load my application with with evidence of communication.

• 4 weeks later...

I can speak with some experience (today as a matter of fact) that if she doesn't speak English, your Chinese will come under close scrutiny. My wife's interview was very easy and went very quickly. Outside of a couple of standard questions (CCP member, how we met) the whole time was spent talking about my Chinese (which can't really be proven because I'm not there). If you can get some chats/emails in which you just communicate in Chinese I think it would help greatly. In my case, my Chinese skills are at least Intermediate level, so our communication is good (and getting better). I had transcripts from college of two years' worth of Chinese classes, a letter from a native speaker attesting to my Chinese ability, and logs of QQ chats and emails that were entirely in Chinese. We weren't talking philosophical theory, just chit-chat.

This is just my opinion, but I think that if they think you two can't communicate without a translator, that's a problem. And by problem, I don't mean they'll deny because of it; rather, it's a place you should put special attention toward.

But as you have discovered, there are many here with deep experiences and wisdom. Best of luck.

Edited by TLB (see edit history)