Victory is sweet

Ok guys. So here's the story.

We arrived in Guangzhou around the 31st and had our appointment on the 1st. We always hear planes in China delay alot, so we didn't want to risk us flying there on the day of the appointment. Here out is how the process works out:

1. Line up outside. Like most lines in China, this is more of a mess. Everyone will cut in line and even if you were near the front at the beginning you can find yourself in the back before you know it.

2. Right about 12:30, they will ask to see your letter and passport. The mess becomes a struggle at this point. And people will battle to get it.

3. After that, you will race to the 4th floor to line up for security check. (Some people will run).

4. You will be selected by random for document intake. So being early won't help at all.

5. They will put a circle sticker on your document. I don't know how they decide what color you get by my wife got a blue one. Which allowed her to enter the building quicker the next day.

6. Next day we came, entered pretty quickly. I don't think it helps to get early to the embassy on this day if you have blue because almost no one had blue and the line was short.

7. They will select you by case. The earliest dates go first. (What I mean , is the date you submitted your I-130 and started the process).

8. The VO was pretty nice, we got an middle aged woman with brown hair and a ruby? necklace. She was really nice, excited when talking to my wife. And when my wife showed her a picture of me and her dog, my wife said she was really excited and happy. Another person we met also had her, and this VO seems really great and easy to talk to person.

9. Approved, no problems! Visa will be mailed to us. They didn't give a pink paper, just a white paper explaining visa pick up.

Thanks, to Candle for all your support guys! We couldn't do it without you. I'll try to post a little more later. =) (BTW, The Coffee Shop is a scam, I spent 100 RMB total there, and after approval they tried to kick out my wife cuz she didnt buy anything, and I yelled at her)

1), 2), and 3) => 4), 5), and 6)

BE LATE. Arriving as late as you can and still be comfortable about NOT having the gates close on you, you will actually minimize your wait time (see less of a line) by coming later. Since you are processed in a more or less random order, you won't have any longer of a wait time than anyone else.

THIS ADVICE IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. It doesn't hurt to get there early, nor will it make any difference when all is said and done. Just offering a little insight on how things are run the day(s) of the interview.

# 7) I haven't heard before - it would make sense, but may or may not be true.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

1. Line up outside. Like most lines in China, this is more of a mess. Everyone will cut in line and even if you were near the front at the beginning you can find yourself in the back before you know it.

Another friend of mine has been down there as well and he said it rained both days. I am sure this added additional chaos to what I like to think of as the normal Chinese "wedge"