China Post Delivery Of Approved Immigrant Visas Now Available To Appli

Hey, this is Good News! If I read this right, we also won't have to go back to Guangzhou once our AP is complete.

http://guangzhou.use...hout-china.html

China Post Delivery Of Approved Immigrant Visas Now Available To Applicants Throughout China

The Immigrant Visa Unit of the U.S. Consulate General in Guangzhou, China is pleased to announce that starting August 1st, 2011, approved immigrant visas will be mailed directly to the recipient's home address throughout China via China Post. There will be a COD (cash on delivery) charge for this visa delivery service. Please click here for instructions on how to complete the COD waybill and information regarding the cost of delivery and locations delivered to.

If you do not wish to have your passport and visa packet returned to you by COD waybill, it is your responsibility to make the necessary arrangements with China Post’s Junyuan Post Office in Guangzhou and to notify the Consulate. Please click here for the map and address for the Junyuan Post Office.

Please note that all immigrant visa recipients must use the China Post system for return of the visas.

Additionally, the Consulate is also now able to mail approved visas directly to applicants whose applications have been approved after the original visa interview. Once such visa applications are approved after further processing/submission of required documents, a final processing letter will be sent to the applicant’s address. This letter will provide you instructions on the final steps you must take to complete your visa application. It is very important that you follow the instructions in the final processing letter. Generally, you must submit 1) a passport with at least 8 months validity for each applicant and 2) a properly completed EMS COD (cash on delivery) waybill containing your valid mailing address and phone number to the consulate for visa issuance and delivery.

Edited by Beachey (see edit history)

Hey, this is Good News! If I read this right, we also won't have to go back to Guangzhou once our AP is complete.

http://guangzhou.use...hout-china.html

China Post Delivery Of Approved Immigrant Visas Now Available To Applicants Throughout China

The Immigrant Visa Unit of the U.S. Consulate General in Guangzhou, China is pleased to announce that starting August 1st, 2011, approved immigrant visas will be mailed directly to the recipient's home address throughout China via China Post. There will be a COD (cash on delivery) charge for this visa delivery service. Please click here for instructions on how to complete the COD waybill and information regarding the cost of delivery and locations delivered to.

If you do not wish to have your passport and visa packet returned to you by COD waybill, it is your responsibility to make the necessary arrangements with China Post¡¯s Junyuan Post Office in Guangzhou and to notify the Consulate. Please click here for the map and address for the Junyuan Post Office.

Please note that all immigrant visa recipients must use the China Post system for return of the visas.

Additionally, the Consulate is also now able to mail approved visas directly to applicants whose applications have been approved after the original visa interview. Once such visa applications are approved after further processing/submission of required documents, a final processing letter will be sent to the applicant¡¯s address. This letter will provide you instructions on the final steps you must take to complete your visa application. It is very important that you follow the instructions in the final processing letter. Generally, you must submit 1) a passport with at least 8 months validity for each applicant and 2) a properly completed EMS COD (cash on delivery) waybill containing your valid mailing address and phone number to the consulate for visa issuance and delivery.

You're reading it correctly. Just my luck.

A few days after I file my petition they reduce the cost.

A few days after her interview, they can mail the visa anywhere in China. :headbang: :Dah:

Not ALL cities, though - they give a list of 268 eligible "COD cities" - I guess you arrange pick-up in the nearest one if they don't list your city.

applicants must choose a COD city as the mailing address

In this day and age, you would think they could hit the "sort" button before publishing it :rolleyes:

Or probably they had it in excel sorted, but the person didn't pay attention to "left to right" vs "top to bottom" order for printing.

But great find ! thanks.

Not ALL cities, though - they give a list of 268 eligible "COD cities" - I guess you arrange pick-up in the nearest one if they don't list your city.

applicants must choose a COD city as the mailing address

In this day and age, you would think they could hit the "sort" button before publishing it :rolleyes:

Or probably they had it in excel sorted, but the person didn't pay attention to "left to right" vs "top to bottom" order for printing.

But great find ! thanks.

It is nice to see them sending the packages to other cities. That will be very helpful to many.

For us though, and if I had it to do all over again I'd still have them sent to the Guangzhou Post....I'll tells ya, it is one thing to get a pink slip, a whole OTHER thing to get those passports with their visas in them, all right there in hot muggy Guangzhou. With all the trials and fears I had with the DOS in China I wanted to be right there close to the consulate where I could go raise holy hell should they "screw up" so to speak. The day in China Post when I quickly opened those two packages was one of the highlights of my life when I saw those two passports WITH visa stamps in them. :lol: It ain't over until you gets them passports with the visa stamps in them. No matter where they send the package, the "fat lady" sings her swan song at China Post. I want to be close to her in case she misses a note, or the song writer screws up the words....so to speak. Know wudda mean? ;)

tsap seui

It is nice to see them sending the packages to other cities. That will be very helpful to many.

For us though, and if I had it to do all over again I'd still have them sent to the Guangzhou Post....I'll tells ya, it is one thing to get a pink slip, a whole OTHER thing to get those passports with their visas in them, all right there in hot muggy Guangzhou. With all the trials and fears I had with the DOS in China I wanted to be right there close to the consulate where I could go raise holy hell should they "screw up" so to speak. The day in China Post when I quickly opened those two packages was one of the highlights of my life when I saw those two passports WITH visa stamps in them. :lol: It ain't over until you gets them passports with the visa stamps in them. No matter where they send the package, the "fat lady" sings her swan song at China Post. I want to be close to her in case she misses a note, or the song writer screws up the words....so to speak. Know wudda mean? ;)

tsap seui

tsap seui,

I'm with you 100% on this!!

We had plan A, B and C just for getting my fiancee's visa after she got PINK :D

Plan A: I stay in Guangzhou for 1 week after her interview and wait with her for her visa.

Plan B: If after 1 week she hasn't received her visa and I left Guangzhou, she will stay for another 3 days.

Plan C: If no visa after 10 days, she flies home to wait for visa and later flies back to Guangzhou when visa is issued.

I wanted to be useful in Guangzhou: prepared to go to the consulate if we can't track our EMS 5 days after her interview. We had to deal with the weekend, otherwise it would've been a 3-day deadline before going to the consulate.

We picked up her visa on the 5th day, left Guangzhou on the 6th day, and I left China on the 7th day after her interview. We made it on plan A, but it was close. :lol:

It figures. I couldn't be there for ChunMei's interview (wanted to keep my job) and she waited a week and didn't get her visa. She finally went back to Nanning, then 4 days later was notified that it had been delivered, so she had to go back to Guangzhou to get it. Twelve hour train ride each way.

So now they deliver to Nanning. In the end I'm happier we didn't need to wait until now to get her here, though. :D