September interview group.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do people dress really formal to the interview? or are there people in jeans ect.? I'm curious what to expect.

Dress smartly.

Formal makes me think ball gowns and tuxedos, that would be too much.

Guys, polo shirt and chinos, or perhaps shirt and tie.

Gals, nice dress, or blouse and dress pants.

My wife wore something like this

http://suit.chinese-suppliers.com/p_images/big/ss62.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out we're set for the 27th -- odd, when they set our first interview, I got an email, this time they just sent my wife a snail mail letter in English :lol:

Question: the 27th is a Tuesday, I assume Monday document turn in (I'll research that again) and is Sunday okay for getting medicals? Are things all open on Sunday (and hopefully that's a stupid "what do you think they are over there, Americans?" question). :D

I'm thinking of arriving Saturday night, medicals Sunday, documents Monday, interview Tuesday afternoon ("I'm just beginning to see, now I'm on my way...") :rolleyes:

Does that schedule sound doable?

thanks

Tim

Just found out we're set for the 27th -- odd, when they set our first interview, I got an email, this time they just sent my wife a snail mail letter in English :lol:

Question: the 27th is a Tuesday, I assume Monday document turn in (I'll research that again) and is Sunday okay for getting medicals? Are things all open on Sunday (and hopefully that's a stupid "what do you think they are over there, Americans?" question). :D

I'm thinking of arriving Saturday night, medicals Sunday, documents Monday, interview Tuesday afternoon ("I'm just beginning to see, now I'm on my way...") :rolleyes:

thanks

Tim

Something else I noticed that seems weird to me: her letter states that her appointment is on 9/27 at 12:30. I thought the interviews were in the morning and document intake started at 12:30 (?). It clearly states that her interview date and time is 9/27 at 12:30... :huh:

thanks

Tim

Something else I noticed that seems weird to me: her letter states that her appointment is on 9/27 at 12:30. I thought the interviews were in the morning and document intake started at 12:30 (?). It clearly states that her interview date and time is 9/27 at 12:30... :huh:

You will be paying an expedite fee to get medicals done that quickly. If possible plan on doing medical 2-3 days prior to document intake.

In your case document intake will be the 27th, with interview on the 28th.

thanks

Tim

You will be paying an expedite fee to get medicals done that quickly. If possible plan on doing medical 2-3 days prior to document intake.

In your case document intake will be the 27th, with interview on the 28th.

Thanks, that makes sense (though I don't know why the letter didn't state clearly that the 27th was document intake and that there'd be an interview the next day -- well, my wife has only shown me one page via a scanned image, maybe there's more)

I hear the spouses are irrelevant to the medical procedure (as in she really won't benefit by my being with her during that) -- so I'm thinking she can take care of that on Saturday and I'll arrive Saturday night. With document intake on Tuesday and interview on Wednesday, that gives us a day of buffer (not counting Sunday) in case there's a screwup or delay.

Thoughts from those with experience? (I'm trying to minimize my time off work but not be manic while there)

thanks

My wife ended up doing the medical in Beijing. She did have to stay for a couple days waiting on the results. We are in Dalian so not far from your wife. The overnight train takes you into the center of Beijing and gets in about 6 AM so she can go straight to the medical. The timing didn't work for us but you might even be able to have it mailed. I am not sure on the mailing though.

Our issue was a Chinese holiday.

I'm having her go on Thursday the 22nd, that will give her all day Friday for the meds and even Saturday to finish up if something doesn't go right. I'll arrive Saturday night. That still gives us Sunday (I know some things are closed) and Monday if things REALLY don't go right, but I think her having two full days there should be enough. We have doc turn in Tuesday, interview Wednesday.

Anyone see a problem with this please holler. LOUDLY. B)

Good luck with everything Tim. Your wife will be fine at her interview.

As far as the medical, we got that done on a week day but if I recall correctly the med centers are open on the weekends. We stayed with the Wang's and they made everything so easy for us I just can't recall all those details.

tsap seui

As far as the medical, we got that done on a week day but if I recall correctly the med centers are open on the weekends. We stayed with the Wang's and they made everything so easy for us I just can't recall all those details.

tsap seui

Thanks, man -- Lan Meng was delighted to hear from your wife recently. At this point I'm not nervous (yet) about the interview itself; I'm more concerned that I might screw up and not take something, or not have the docs all in order; glad we're staying with the Yangs, that makes me relax some.

Tim

We are on the same day--document intake on 27th and interview the next day.

Too bad my husband can't go with me, he has to work and take care of our furry children.

Good luck to us!

Thanks, that makes sense (though I don't know why the letter didn't state clearly that the 27th was document intake and that there'd be an interview the next day -- well, my wife has only shown me one page via a scanned image, maybe there's more)

I hear the spouses are irrelevant to the medical procedure (as in she really won't benefit by my being with her during that) -- so I'm thinking she can take care of that on Saturday and I'll arrive Saturday night. With document intake on Tuesday and interview on Wednesday, that gives us a day of buffer (not counting Sunday) in case there's a screwup or delay.

Thoughts from those with experience? (I'm trying to minimize my time off work but not be manic while there)

thanks

Edited by dnoblett
fixed quote tags (see edit history)

tsap seui

Thanks, man -- Lan Meng was delighted to hear from your wife recently. At this point I'm not nervous (yet) about the interview itself; I'm more concerned that I might screw up and not take something, or not have the docs all in order; glad we're staying with the Yangs, that makes me relax some.

Tim

Wenyan was happy to talk to Lan Meng also, Tim. You guys are coming up on crunch day soon and any encouragement is helpful. I think you guys will be fine at the interview. You've got your ducks in a row for the interview.

Staying at the Yangs takes off a ton of stress as you don't have to spend time trying to figure out where to go for the medical, heck, one of them will go with you, like Mr. Yang did with us. And they will go over your paperwork and make suggestions if needed, or just put you at ease that you have everything.

You guys will do well and soon be walking around with big smiles. :lol:

Good luck to all of the September folks.

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

We are on the same day--document intake on 27th and interview the next day.

Too bad my husband can't go with me, he has to work and take care of our furry children.

Good luck to us!

thanks

Good luck to us indeed! PM me if you want someone to hang out with while in Guangzhou; my wife will be there Thursday the 22nd.