September interview group.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scheduled for the 7th, though we're requesting a delay. I have a question: I'm reviewing all the wonderful testimonials here and continue to learn, and my question is: how far ahead of the document intake day should we have the medical exam? I see David's account of having it the day before (though he mentions some "follow up" vaccinations, I think), but maybe others have had problems getting results in one day?

Thanks for sharing experiences, knowledge, advice, links to further data, etc.

Scheduled for the 7th, though we're requesting a delay. I have a question: I'm reviewing all the wonderful testimonials here and continue to learn, and my question is: how far ahead of the document intake day should we have the medical exam? I see David's account of having it the day before (though he mentions some "follow up" vaccinations, I think), but maybe others have had problems getting results in one day?

Thanks for sharing experiences, knowledge, advice, links to further data, etc.

Great to see you guys got the interview date buddy.

We got the medical and the vaccinations done the same day but we did it 2 or 3 days ahead of the intake day. I hate bringing stress on my owndamnself. Especially when I don't have to. :) Know wudda mean? Any day that things go as "planned" I call it a lucky day. :lol:

Best of luck at the interview to you both. Your wife is going to do just fine and you guys will soon be enjoying success. As Justin Wilson the great cajun cook used to say...."I gaa-rone-tee" :)

tsap seui

Thanks Tsap, say, you guys are in the States now, right? They even have internet up there in the hills? :P Do you have wifi in the outhouse now? :D

Thanks for the kind words; tell Wenyan hello from Lan Meng and me.

Another question for you folks: I've seen mention of taking proof of income including employment letter and pay stubs. The I-864 specifically says, in bold, "You are not required to submit this evidence, however, unless specifically instructed to do so by a Government official."

Do most folks do this "just in case" even if not instructed? I have sufficient income, and am taking 3 years of IRS tax transcripts to prove it. Of course, there might be, buried somewhere in almost a year now of emails, a request for the employment letter that I've forgotten... :ph34r:

Do it 2 to 3 days prior, it can be done the day before, however if you do this you need to be at the center when it opens, and have to pay an expedite fee to be able to pick up same day.

Thanks Tsap, say, you guys are in the States now, right? They even have internet up there in the hills? :P Do you have wifi in the outhouse now? :D

Another question for you folks: I've seen mention of taking proof of income including employment letter and pay stubs. The I-864 specifically says, in bold, "You are not required to submit this evidence, however, unless specifically instructed to do so by a Government official."

Do most folks do this "just in case" even if not instructed? I have sufficient income, and am taking 3 years of IRS tax transcripts to prove it. Of course, there might be, buried somewhere in almost a year now of emails, a request for the employment letter that I've forgotten... :ph34r:

Hey buddy. No, we're still here in China, haven't made it to the PA hills just yet, but rest assured, the outhouse IS wired. :lol: I told Wenyan you and Lan Mei said hello and it gave her a big smile. She says hello to you both and good luck. She enjoyed their conversations.

Take those transcripts, pay stubs, and employment letter for Lan Mei's interview. The "government official" who will ask for them could well be the interview officer.

Lan Mei will do fine at her interview. :)

tsap seui

Tomorrow is the WAKE-UP....get on the freedom bird and go home

I am so short now.....I'm almost THERE !!!!!

To my surprise, just a mere few weeks after sending package 3, I got 4 in the mail, and my date is September first. It took me and my wife by surprise as we expected it to take much longer to get to this stage. We are now about to get the Medical Test and I am putting together my proof or reestablishment of domicile. We are a little nervous because it snuck up on us! Can anyone give any advice about document intake? can I go with my wife on this part? and will there be a particular order they will ask for things in? maybe I better organize our folder..

On a final note, This whole process has taken me a little less than four months, reading others stories online, this seems awfully fast. Is there anything to read into in this? or is just depend on how busy they are and ect.

To my surprise, just a mere few weeks after sending package 3, I got 4 in the mail, and my date is September first. It took me and my wife by surprise as we expected it to take much longer to get to this stage. We are now about to get the Medical Test and I am putting together my proof or reestablishment of domicile. We are a little nervous because it snuck up on us! Can anyone give any advice about document intake? can I go with my wife on this part? and will there be a particular order they will ask for things in? maybe I better organize our folder..

On a final note, This whole process has taken me a little less than four months, reading others stories online, this seems awfully fast. Is there anything to read into in this? or is just depend on how busy they are and ect.

My wife's interview was just shy of 4 months from I-130 filing so your timeline is typical. Another friend of mine has his interview on Sept.1 and he filed late June/early July. You can go with your wife up until security on the 4th floor and then you can wait for her at the coffee shop/Starbucks. They can't bring in their cell phone but it might make sense for her to store it with security and call you when she is done.

They ask for documents one at a time so have them well organized but not all in one binder. Read other's interview experiences. You should be fine.

My wife's interview was just shy of 4 months from I-130 filing so your timeline is typical. Another friend of mine has his interview on Sept.1 and he filed late June/early July. You can go with your wife up until security on the 4th floor and then you can wait for her at the coffee shop/Starbucks. They can't bring in their cell phone but it might make sense for her to store it with security and call you when she is done.

They ask for documents one at a time so have them well organized but not all in one binder. Read other's interview experiences. You should be fine.

Why you say not all in one binder? I bought a big binder, and have organized them pretty well in it. Is there another reason besides organization?

I don't think it's a big deal having all of your docs in one binder with the exception of a small opening in the window that you'll have to pass the documents through to the VO. I remember going to the consulate and there were several folks trying unsuccessfully to pass huge photo albums through. If you've ever gone to a Chinese bank and looked at the teller layout, you'll have a pretty good idea of what to expect.

I don't think it's a big deal having all of your docs in one binder with the exception of a small opening in the window that you'll have to pass the documents through to the VO. I remember going to the consulate and there were several folks trying unsuccessfully to pass huge photo albums through. If you've ever gone to a Chinese bank and looked at the teller layout, you'll have a pretty good idea of what to expect.

We have our photos in a small book diary my Wife made. And the offical documents are in a binder, and I assume they will want us to take those out? one at a time right?

We have our photos in a small book diary my Wife made. And the offical documents are in a binder, and I assume they will want us to take those out? one at a time right?

Dunno. They'll want what they want after they get an impression of your case. Jingjing and I just pasted our pictures on standard A4 paper and made captions for each picture. We had 80 pictures that were less than 3/4" thick. Whatever you guys decide to do, just make sure that you can get to anything they ask quickly and efficiently. Being able to do that is much more important, in my opinion, than artistic presentation. The small space provided to pass documents through is one of the reasons why (if you've managed to rummage through the old archives) the folder technique, which, if my memory serves me correctly, David developed.

That was my point about the binder. My impression is they go through a checklist and ask for each document one-by-one. So the size of the binder is not as important as a design that allows you to quickly find each requested document in a speedy manner.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, We just received our visa approval on the 23rd. To answer your question about the employment letter and pay stubs. We submitted my last 3 years tax return with the W2's. The W2's showed the same employer which was a help. I changed jobs so I included a recent pay stub to verify my income. The VO did not ask for any thing else besides the I-864 with the tax returns and W2's. He told my wife that the tax returns and W2's were the best forms to use just as the I-864 states. If there was going to be a problem it would have been with us. I had only made 1 trip to China and we were married on that trip. My wifes English is poor and I was unable to even go to be with her at the interview. My boss provided a letter stating my presence was required at my job and that I was unable to take any vacation at this time. All I can say is that we carefully followed all instructions and had any and all documents required including those that they didn't ask for and still got our visa. This forum was a big help but be patient and do exactly what is required. GOOD LUCK my friend, I wish you well :D

In our case we kept all docs and photos flexible so that could pass through the slot under window, no binders.