September interview group.

Is there a good link on this site to all the docs that have to be turned in at GUZ? I have them, I'm sure, but I fear I might forget something. Besides all the packet civil documents (birth cert, divorce decree, etc) is there a handy list somewhere? I'm mostly afraid I'll forget something sent in early -- like the I-864 and supporting financial docs (remembered that today).

• 3032?
  • P3 supplement?
  • Original I-130?

Thanks; on the home stretch...

Tim

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This comes with P3, this is what you will need. OF-169

Thanks, this covers most of it, the civil documents at least. Interesting that (1) there's a typo at the top of the form, and (2) my form (labeled "Optional Form 169") says 2 photos are needed, not 6. Think I'll make sure we have 10 or so...

Also, this doesn't address the I-864, 230, 3032, etc. Are those handed in at document hand in, too?

I guess one strategy would be to make sure I take a hard copy of every form I emailed them (we did electronic processing) -- still, it would be nice to see a really comprehensive list somewhere.

Edited by TLB (see edit history)

We are on the same day--document intake on 27th and interview the next day.

Too bad my husband can't go with me, he has to work and take care of our furry children.

Good luck to us!

Good luck to us indeed! PM me if you want someone to hang out with while in Guangzhou; my wife will be there Thursday the 22nd.

I will be in GZ on 26th in the evening. I'm doing the medical in Beijng so I don't need to be there too early. Maybe I'll see you there.

This comes with P3, this is what you will need. OF-169

Thanks, this covers most of it, the civil documents at least. Interesting that (1) there's a typo at the top of the form, and (2) my form (labeled "Optional Form 169") says 2 photos are needed, not 6. Think I'll make sure we have 10 or so...

Also, this doesn't address the I-864, 230, 3032, etc. Are those handed in at document hand in, too?

I guess one strategy would be to make sure I take a hard copy of every form I emailed them (we did electronic processing) -- still, it would be nice to see a really comprehensive list somewhere.

This should cover it.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3741.html

Is there a good link on this site to all the docs that have to be turned in at GUZ? I have them, I'm sure, but I fear I might forget something. Besides all the packet civil documents (birth cert, divorce decree, etc) is there a handy list somewhere? I'm mostly afraid I'll forget something sent in early -- like the I-864 and supporting financial docs (remembered that today).

• 3032?
  • P3 supplement?
  • Original I-130?

Thanks; on the home stretch...

Tim

Note the OF-169 addresses what would be needed to be gathered by a K-1 case, or a CR-1/IR-1 case when the I-130 petition is filed in China (DCF) "P3" when I-130 Petition is filed in the states this step is the NVC step.

If you filed the I-130 to USCIS in the states, then you should have sent required docs to NVC when requested. (Simply bring the original docs that you scanned and emailed to NVC, or bring copies of docs if you mailed originals to NVC)

3032 is choice of agent form, this should have been sent by beneficiary to NVC to tell them that petitioner will act as agent. It is not needed at the consulate.

USCIS should have sent the I-130 to NVC, you can bring a photo-copy to interview, however more than likely it will not be needed.

I-864 should have been scanned and sent to NVC, bring the origional to the interview, or if did not do electronic processing then bring a copy to interview.

Thanks everyone; I think I'm homing in on what needs to be taken.

One interesting form: that P3 supplement: I just noticed (for the first time) that this thing is supposed to be filled in! I just had her sign it and sent it in :rolleyes: What a weird form to fill in, no room to fill it in and no designated fill-in space (like an underline or a box) like the other forms have...weird. B)

Oh,and a question (I'd say it was the final one, but I have too much self-knowledge to promise that): at document hand-in, do they ask for specific documents, or do you just hand in all at once? And (see I told you) is it best to try to get more relationship info in at that time, or keep it (more photos, etc) for the interview itself?

thanks!

Tim

We are on the same day--document intake on 27th and interview the next day.

Too bad my husband can't go with me, he has to work and take care of our furry children.

Good luck to us!

Good luck to us indeed! PM me if you want someone to hang out with while in Guangzhou; my wife will be there Thursday the 22nd.

I will be in GZ on 26th in the evening. I'm doing the medical in Beijng so I don't need to be there too early. Maybe I'll see you there.

Sounds good; look for us in one of the interminable lines we'll all be in. We're both in our 50s, both tall(ish) and thin(ish). I'll have black jeans on; she'll probably be wearing black, too (she usually does).

Anyone know whether the EOR letter is needed for CR-1? I've seen it mentioned with regard to fiancee visa, but not spousal. There's someone here in Guangzhou (who seems to know a lot about the process) who says I need an EOR letter and that it should be notarized (or stamped anyway) at the US Embassy.

I have the EOR letter, even though I wasn't sure I would need it; but it isn't notarized. Is this guy right and it is needed, and I need to have it notarized at the Embassy?

thanks

Tim

haha, nevermind; I did some searching and it seems this might be asked for and might not be (great! :rolleyes: ) so I'll spend the $50 at the Embassy and get the one I have notarized. The peace of mind will be worth it... B)

Anyone know whether the EOR letter is needed for CR-1? I've seen it mentioned with regard to fiancee visa, but not spousal. There's someone here in Guangzhou (who seems to know a lot about the process) who says I need an EOR letter and that it should be notarized (or stamped anyway) at the US Embassy.

I have the EOR letter, even though I wasn't sure I would need it; but it isn't notarized. Is this guy right and it is needed, and I need to have it notarized at the Embassy?

thanks

Tim

haha, nevermind; I did some searching and it seems this might be asked for and might not be (great! :rolleyes: ) so I'll spend the $50 at the Embassy and get the one I have notarized. The peace of mind will be worth it... B)

Looks like you found your answer Tim.

Good luck, lil' rabbit and I are hoping the best for you guys.

tsap seui

We just got back from document hand in, everything went well. I was really more nervous about this than about the interview itself (which is tomorrow morning) because a screw-up at document hand in would probably mean I didn't do my job well enough; whereas success at the interview is pretty much out of my hands.

Notes from document intake:

1. about 200 people gathered outside around noon, no use getting there earlier unless waiting outside in the sun is worth getting done about 3:00 instead of 4:00.

2. I wasn't sure I could go in with her; I searched the web and found no answer, so I assumed I could not; but someone else standing in line thought we could, so I decided to try. The citizen line was different inside, and also a different line for security check; but I was allowed through all of them. It is the American Embassy, and I'm an American, so what the heck...

3. Yesterday I had noticed that the ACS room (where I went to get the EOR notarized) was connected to the document take-in room by a hallway that was not closed off. So, today I decided to go to ACS and then just walk into the big room where everyone was congregating to wait to turn in documents. I found my wife and sat down next to her. I quickly became the talk of the area, as the other wives lamented the fact that their husbands hadn't done the same thing. I think I'm learning too much to think like a Chinese (just do what you want until someone tells you you can't, and rules and regulations are more suggestions than enforced. :lol:)

4. I decided I'd also try to accompany my wife to the window to hand in the documents. The young lady behind the window politely but firmly told me to go back and sit down and wait, so I did (having learned a long time ago to do what women tell me to do). :P

5. I was reaffirmed in my belief that my wife could charm the leaves off trees; by the time her document handing in was finished, that firm young woman behind the glass was laughing and joking with her (the only smile I saw from the document intake folks, though they all seemed polite and even nice to the applicants).

6. My wife also made friends with all the people sitting around us, exchanged phone numbers, etc., and they all said she'd have no problem at the interview because I can speak Chinese... B) I learned a long time ago not to take these things seriously, and also not to take our apparent good case for granted. I do admit that I was happy when the security check guard, in taking my cell phone for holding until we exited, gave me claim number 7 (a lucky number, that being the number of the idol of my youth, Mickey Mantle) -- that all means something, right? :D

7. Some instructions on the GUZ website and even in the waiting room are still written as if document hand-in and interview are on the same day; that needs to be remembered (maybe that's why the appointment letter makes it sound like the interview date and time are on that letter, but really it's the document hand-in date and time, the interview will be the following morning starting at 7:30).

8. Also remember that ACS no longer has the weekly hour it used to have for sponsors to talk to someone about their case; maybe there's a time and a way now, but I couldn't find it. I ended up going to ACS for the EOR notarization, and except for that, they were pretty ignorant of what goes on in the Immigrant Visa section -- but they were all very friendly, and helped as much as they could.

9. And finally, you'll find all sorts of information on the web about how the visa can and does get delivered; note that now it can be sent via mail to pretty much anywhere in China.

On to the interview tomorrow. I'm afraid to hope too much. Right now I'm just really happy that today went well. I'll use tomorrow's energy to worry about tomorrow. :D

Whatever happens, we'll be fine and we'll be together -- this will just help us determine how soon and where.

. . .

2. I wasn't sure I could go in with her; I searched the web and found no answer, so I assumed I could not; but someone else standing in line thought we could, so I decided to try. The citizen line was different inside, and also a different line for security check; but I was allowed through all of them. It is the American Embassy, and I'm an American, so what the heck...

3. Yesterday I had noticed that the ACS room (where I went to get the EOR notarized) was connected to the document take-in room by a hallway that was not closed off. So, today I decided to go to ACS and then just walk into the big room where everyone was congregating to wait to turn in documents. I found my wife and sat down next to her. I quickly became the talk of the area, as the other wives lamented the fact that their husbands hadn't done the same thing. I think I'm learning too much to think like a Chinese (just do what you want until someone tells you you can't, and rules and regulations are more suggestions than enforced. :lol:)

4. I decided I'd also try to accompany my wife to the window to hand in the documents. The young lady behind the window politely but firmly told me to go back and sit down and wait, so I did (having learned a long time ago to do what women tell me to do). :P

. . .

This has ALWAYS been the case - Americas are allowed up to the 5th floor (ACS or right side) at any time.

The interview room, though is a different matter - my guess is you won't be allowed to stay there during the actual interviews, and probably shouldn't try, although you may have better luck on days with a light load. But, like you say, the hallway is there if you need to say or give anything to her.

³É¹¦ÁË£¡

Success! I'll post on the Interview Results page, just wanted to thank everyone for their patience and their help; it's possible we'd have made it anyway without CFL, but I seriously doubt it, and I certainly wouldn't have felt as good about the process and as knowledgeable about what to do and to expect. You all are worth gold.

Linda (see above) also got her visa, if I'm not mistaken -- she passed by while I was waiting in the coffee shop and gave me a smile and a thumbs up.

Tim (soon to be with wife) in Austin :ok:

Soon she'll be able to say, everyday, :stupid:

And, as some on here would certainly say, "let the training begin..." B)