My relationship with my Chinese wife lasted only 10 years before we parted ways, but now I am involved with another lady who lives in China. After being stung once, I am a bit more cautious now. Our relationship has not yet progressed to the point that I have petitioned for a fiancee visa. I will visit her in China in a few weeks, which could deepen our relationship.

I would also like to see how well our relationship works out if she visits me and stays in my country for a few weeks. Had I done this with my ex-wife before I became so involved with her, I probably would have sent her back to China and never married her.

Have any of you had experience with your fiancee visiting you in the U S on a visitor visa before you married? How difficult would it be for her to get a visitor visa to the US? How long would it take for the U S to approve such a visa?

The key to a visitor visa from China is proving to the VO she will return. Probably her chances are better if you apply for the visitor visa before filing for K-1 or CR-1. Reason for the visit? To visit my boyfriend to see if we get along is probably not going to get very far. Visiting a friend would probably be better. Ties to China such as job, family, bank accounts or other obligations help. On the plus side they seem to have loosened up a bit. One member recently reported his sweet heart got a visa after 3 tries.

The key to a visitor visa from China is proving to the VO she will return. Probably her chances are better if you apply for the visitor visa before filing for K-1 or CR-1. Reason for the visit? To visit my boyfriend to see if we get along is probably not going to get very far. Visiting a friend would probably be better. Ties to China such as job, family, bank accounts or other obligations help. On the plus side they seem to have loosened up a bit. One member recently reported his sweet heart got a visa after 3 tries.

I suppose they haven't likely loosened up enough to approve someone for a visitor visa with a CR1 in progress, huh? I'd love my wife to be able to meet my father before anything.. bad.. happens.

Good Lord AZ, so good to hear from you!!!! Sorry to hear things didn't work out in the long run, but ten years is a good run in many ways. For those who don't know AZ, take a look at his membership date of December of 2002.....He was one of the original Black Hole Gang and, if my memory is correct, one of the last folks to be released from the Black Hole. Ah, those were the days, huh Wolfman? Hope all goes a lot more smoothly this time around. Stay in touch my old friend.

My relationship with my Chinese wife lasted only 10 years before we parted ways, but now I am involved with another lady who lives in China. After being stung once, I am a bit more cautious now. Our relationship has not yet progressed to the point that I have petitioned for a fiancee visa. I will visit her in China in a few weeks, which could deepen our relationship.

I would also like to see how well our relationship works out if she visits me and stays in my country for a few weeks. Had I done this with my ex-wife before I became so involved with her, I probably would have sent her back to China and never married her.

Have any of you had experience with your fiancee visiting you in the U S on a visitor visa before you married? How difficult would it be for her to get a visitor visa to the US? How long would it take for the U S to approve such a visa?

I wrote a post about my wife's experience getting a visitor visa here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43717-wifes-us-visitor-visa-woes-and-victory/

As was mentioned - your girlfriend will need to show lots of evidence that she's going to return to China and a have a good reason to visit in the first place. Saying it's to visit a friend and that additional tourism will be taking place might be good. Best of luck!

Good Lord AZ, so good to hear from you!!!! Sorry to hear things didn't work out in the long run, but ten years is a good run in many ways. For those who don't know AZ, take a look at his membership date of December of 2002.....He was one of the original Black Hole Gang and, if my memory is correct, one of the last folks to be released from the Black Hole. Ah, those were the days, huh Wolfman? Hope all goes a lot more smoothly this time around. Stay in touch my old friend.

It's good to hear from you Mick. I think you were one of the few whose visa came after ours. I think I am now about the same age that you were when you started your petition back in '02. That in itself gives me courage. I'm trying hard not to make my new lady pay for the shortcomings of the first. I guess in the end, I just have to trust my instincts. Surely they can't always be wrong. I probably will not file any paperwork until after my trip to China the end of this month. My plan is to visit again in December, by which time we may decide to start the paper process.

I will never forget how hard all of us early CFLers fought the government to bring our sweethearts home. I guess it turned out that we helped pave the way for future petitioners to have an easier road; I just didn't think that I would ever be one of them and have to travel the road again.

What a government we have. I should be able to bring whoever I want into this country to marry. I should not have to put up with the government deciding whether or not my fiancee is right for me.