Request for Resume

I was just reading over on VJ Forums that someone received a Blue Slip because they failed to hand in a satisfactory Resume for themself or their spouse.

Has anyone encountered a request to supply their resume or spouses resume?
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the I-134?
If I have a job, I don't really need an updated resume. And if I am supporting my spouse, she shouldn't need anything regarding future plans for work.
Or is this for a different type of Visa?

Any recommendation to prepare anyways? I probably WILL now.

I think I might include a receipt from lunch yesterday, just in case. This process makes taxes look like a 5th grade Math Test!

You're applying for a visa, not for a job. A resume is a work history - it provides information on where she's been (at least job-wise). The I-134 provides information about your financial situation.

It's the consulate's call whether they ask for one or not (it will most likely be a request for HER resume, not yours). I'm not sure of the breakdown for these requests between the K and the CR/IR visas, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared. They're most likely to request one when there's an issue (or suspected issue) of Communist Party involvement.

Of course, they CAN request yours, but I don't think we've heard of that happening.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Unless you either of you have a job which is sensitive, you cannot predict what GUZ wants to know about a past job or just one's past. Don't chase this issue any further, if you already filed. Let it go.

As Randy said; this is for a visa, not a job. You should provide ample evidence of your work and employment though.

Typically the consulate may request one of the benificiary, the one getting the visa, not petitioner.

Here is one that was delayed for a resume.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43544-need-advice/

This is what happened to my wife. She was asked to turn in a more detailed resume, even though I think the resume she brought with her was detailed enough. I guess they wanted her to include her travel history and work plan in the US.

After the consulate received her resume, she received another blue slip indicating additional processing required. She had her undergrad and masters in electrical engineering. I did find it strange because she got her masters in the US, so she already underwent a background check before she received her student visa. Maybe it was because she worked on a NASA project for about 4 months when she was in the US.

This is what happened to my wife. She was asked to turn in a more detailed resume, even though I think the resume she brought with her was detailed enough. I guess they wanted her to include her travel history and work plan in the US.

After the consulate received her resume, she received another blue slip indicating additional processing required. She had her undergrad and masters in electrical engineering. I did find it strange because she got her masters in the US, so she already underwent a background check before she received her student visa. Maybe it was because she worked on a NASA project for about 4 months when she was in the US.

Did she return to the U.S. since her last check? I think they have to do a new check if she has been back since the last. I think that's what got us for our delay after we got the pink slip. They may have noticed that she had returned to the U.S. since her SAO came back, and needed to do a catch up check.

Lee

Did she return to the U.S. since her last check? I think they have to do a new check if she has been back since the last. I think that's what got us for our delay after we got the pink slip. They may have noticed that she had returned to the U.S. since her SAO came back, and needed to do a catch up check.

Lee

Nope, she has not returned to the U.S. since we started the CR1 process. I'm not quite sure what the administrative processing is really for, I thought background checks were done during USCIS.

I think her previous student background is not counted as an immigration AP. Another blue slip probably is caused by her working history in US after Guangzhou finds out new things in her resume. Clearly Guangzhou asks for very diiferent kinds of a resume based on applicants' background. Wish she hear a goods news from Guangzhou soon.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)