Temporay employment for I-864

I want to submit the I-864 with the NVC (along with the DS-230 for my stepdaughter's visa, unmarried, over 21) but my employment will be through a temp agency. I assume that as long as I have the check stubs and letter of employment(from the company; stating that I work there and make XX amount) that it should be accepatable? Is it seen in a bad light by the person processing the app?

Thanks!

Temp agency work is fine, I worked for some time for a temp agency, many companies like Kodak use temps for many jobs, the temp workers employed for years on a project.

Note I864 should be emailed before DS230 they are not sent to NVC at same time.

Also OPT IN for the electronic processing.

You know, actually, I guess I have some other questions regarding this. (Lately, the questions are coming one after another! :blink: )

Let's say I get a job. I then have a few weeks of check stubs and a letter from the employer stating that I work there and what my wages are. Then I send in the I-864. How long do I need to keep that job (or stay employed) in order for the I-864 to be approved? I know that the processing time for the app is about three weeks (I have opted in for electronic processing). During that three weeks (give or take) should I assume it may be that the NVC will check to see whether I still have that job?

Then let's say the I-864 application is approved. There is some period of time between that and the point at which my stepdaughter would get her interview date. Then she wouldbe waiting to go for her interview. At either of those other periods and on the day of the interview, do I need to be employed (whether at that job or another) and prepare to show that?

If I change jobs do I need to fill out another I-864?

Sorry for the twenty questions and thanks!

Once NVC approves the I-864 it is considered approved. But you never know if the consulate wishes to see an updated one at time of interview, typically they may request one if I-864 was submitted prior to April Tax day with prior year's returns, and interview happens after Tax day.

If you are this concerned about the I-864, you can always get a Joint sponsor that has sufficient income and a stable job.

Personally I feel this is a non-issue, this is for a step child, not a spouse.

Once NVC approves the I-864 it is considered approved. But you never know if the consulate wishes to see an updated one at time of interview, typically they may request one if I-864 was submitted prior to April Tax day with prior year's returns, and interview happens after Tax day.

If you are this concerned about the I-864, you can always get a Joint sponsor that has sufficient income and a stable job.

Personally I feel this is a non-issue, this is for a step child, not a spouse.

Non-issue because the CO doesn't put as much weight on that aspect when it's a step child?

I am going to give you my opinion; take it for what it is not worth:

USCIS and NVC Do not give a rat's ass about the details. You either provided the correct form or not; They will NOT check on the veracity of the contents. They only want to see that you gave the correct form.

GUZ WILL LOOK AT YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION; and they will do that within a few minutes review. They will act on their interrogatory training gut reaction.

Now; with this understand, what questions do you have about the file at the time of the interview; When the VO is face to face only with your lady to answer a question?