My Girl wants to go home to visit

Yes - the only possible (but unlikely) issue is the green card expiration - if it were to expire while she was out of the country, she would need to go to a consulate for a travel document (exit visa)/green card extension (whatever the name of the document is - it's an American document).

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

No problems, she will be ttraveling with a valid card.

If travling after it expires, then should have the I-751 receipt letter, thhe letter acts as a 1 year extension of status, the letter allows work and rentry from trips abroad.

One note about the extension letter, sometimes the exit authorities in China have problem with the letter, so it is recommend to visit USCIS office INFOPASS and request an I-551 notation in passport.

In a similar case, one small problem my wife had was on exit from China. Her green card expired within the year, but since US date format is different than China's (month/date/yr vs. date/month/yr), they thought it was already expired.

For example, in your case, they might think her GC expired on April 11, 2011... because that is what 11/4/2011 means to them.

They were quite serious with my wife. It helped to show her US driver's license where it showed her birthday in US format, which they could then compare to the birth date on her Chinese passport and clearly see the difference in format.

In the end they let her come home... but it took a few minutes.