So im filling out the ds-230 for my wife.. Is this ok as long as i put myself at the bottom as the person who assisted.

I have some questions about addreseses...

question 10, permenent address in the US where you intend to live.. Is my house.. I currently have a room make living there, but i am living with my wife in china. Can i put his name or do i put mine. If i put mine do i then put for question 16 address of spouse if different from your own...my US address... Or do we list it as the same as hers, as i am living with her.

For my occupation..I dont really have an official employer.. I sort of work freelance technical stuff.. what to do.

question 32 what occupation does my wife intend to work... She intends to work.. but i dont think she knows specifically what occupation. Does that cause a problem with checkbox E... alien who seeks to enter for skiled or unskilled labor... she doesnt intetd to enter for that purpose, her purpose is to be with me.. but she will work if she can find it...

my income isnt sufficient and no real employer but i have a very good joint sponsor.. Also.. we have moved since i filed the i-130.. how can i update her new address so that she might actually recieve something from these people...

You can note yourself as person assisting to fill the form out, however that section is intended for a pro like a lawyer or other third party.

#10 see example: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-DS-230.pdf List address you will be living at after arriving in the USA.

Current occupation "Technical Contractor"

#32 can note what ever, it really does not matter what intend to do after arriving in the USA, that has more to do with work class visas, can simply state unknown.

New address on the DS-230 will get additional paperwork "P4" sent to correct address.

question 32 what occupation does my wife intend to work... She intends to work.. but i dont think she knows specifically what occupation. Does that cause a problem with checkbox E... alien who seeks to enter for skiled or unskilled labor... she doesnt intetd to enter for that purpose, her purpose is to be with me.. but she will work if she can find it...

I would put "to be determined" for this question.

Im still confused though... She is meant to fill this, so her name should be in field 1 correct...

And I am living with her in china... So in field 10.. address where she intends to live would be my house in the states.. can we put my name there as the person who currently lives there... Is it considered temporary that i am living with her in china, If that is the case then field 16 address of spouse can i put her address... or my US address. Field 31a. As i am staying with her in china can i list myself as a person who will accompany her to the US? Thanks so much guys. You all have been a lifesaver. The USCIS part went smooth, if we can get through this NVC business maby i can breath a little easier.

Im still confused though... She is meant to fill this, so her name should be in field 1 correct...

Her name goes in field 1.

And I am living with her in china... So in field 10.. address where she intends to live would be my house in the states.. can we put my name there as the person who currently lives there... Is it considered temporary that i am living with her in china, If that is the case then field 16 address of spouse can i put her address... or my US address.

My own rule of thumb is to interpret those questions as literally as possible. With that being said, if the address where she intends to live is your house in the states, put that. If you are not currently living there the date the document is signed, don't state that you do. By that same token, since the address is currently the same as your spouse, I would put "same as question #13."

Field 31a. As i am staying with her in china can i list myself as a person who will accompany her to the US? Thanks so much guys. You all have been a lifesaver. The USCIS part went smooth, if we can get through this NVC business maby i can breath a little easier.

I have done some reading on this question on VJ and the intent of this question is people who are immigrating with the person. Since you are not immigrating, you would not list your name here. This is one instance where a question should not be taken in the literal sense.

Edited by Ryan H (see edit history)

will this effect domocile? Im returning to the US for 1.5 months in 2 days.. Does this then mean im living at my house at the time the form is sent?

also, im considering opting in electronic processing.. I havent filed choice of agent yet.. she has moved appartments from when we filed i-130... what is the best way to handle it..

Edited by Russ (see edit history)

will this effect domocile? Im returning to the US for 1.5 months in 2 days.. Does this then mean im living at my house at the time the form is sent?

also, im considering opting in electronic processing.. I havent filed choice of agent yet.. she has moved appartments from when we filed i-130... what is the best way to handle it..

Where did you file the I-130? USCIS in the USA or to the DHS office in Beijing or Guangzhou? If field in the states you have the electronic processing option, if filed in China, there is no electronic option due to NVC not being involved.

As for domicile, if you have been living outside of the USA for a period of time you will need to prove that living abroad was temporary and provide evidence of maintaining a US Domicile, without US domicile you cannot sponsor an immigrant to come to the USA.

Showing US domicile.

• Showing past years IRS returns
  • Copy of an unexpired state ID like a driver's license.
  • Copy of a deed or rent of a residence in the USA
  • Proof of obtaining a job or job transfer back to the USA
  • Mail to a residence in the USA
  • Copy of a bank statement from a US Bank

Domicile is a common topic:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42314

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35193

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41546

Note is is NOT You who is filing the choice of agent, it is the prospective immigrant, the beneficiary that mails or emails this to NVC. When sending choice of agent, and DS-230 to NVC, provide the new foreign address.

More about the electronic process: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37703-i29fk3-changes-and-nvc-electronic-processing-for-i-130cr1/

Where did you file the I-130? USCIS in the USA or to the DHS office in Beijing or Guangzhou? If field in the states you have the electronic processing option, if filed in China, there is no electronic option due to NVC not being involved.

As for domicile, if you have been living outside of the USA for a period of time you will need to prove that living abroad was temporary and provide evidence of maintaining a US Domicile, without US domicile you cannot sponsor an immigrant to come to the USA.

Showing US domicile.

• Showing past years IRS returns
  • Copy of an unexpired state ID like a driver's license.
  • Copy of a deed or rent of a residence in the USA
  • Proof of obtaining a job or job transfer back to the USA
  • Mail to a residence in the USA
  • Copy of a bank statement from a US Bank

Domicile is a common topic:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42314

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35193

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41546

Note is is NOT You who is filing the choice of agent, it is the prospective immigrant, the beneficiary that mails or emails this to NVC. When sending choice of agent, and DS-230 to NVC, provide the new foreign address.

More about the electronic process: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37703-i29fk3-changes-and-nvc-electronic-processing-for-i-130cr1/

I filed it in the US. On the I130 i listed my home as where we would stay, my dads office with my name as the mailing address as my room mates are unreliable.

On this one I want to have mail going to me go to my fathers address, and mail going to her go to china, Even though im in china with her. and field 39... I consider my address to be either my fathers address or my home in florida.. Even though im currently living in china with my wife.

Well, I own a home and maintain all my bank accounts in the US... Idk..Im just trying to figure out whats best for this ds-230... Specifically field 10 with reguard to the name requirement... and if i should say im living here.

Edited by Russ (see edit history)

Don't over think here - where you LIVE is where you hang your hat (if you happen to wear one) every day. Your DOMICILE is a more permanent residence that you can go home to after an extended stay.

Just like a college student living in a dorm at school, who still receives mail at their parents' home, you can maintain a US domicile while living in China. This is desirable from an immigrations point of view. It sounds like you have done this - why would you not show this?

Don't over think here - where you LIVE is where you hang your hat (if you happen to wear one) every day. Your DOMICILE is a more permanent residence that you can go home to after an extended stay.

Just like a college student living in a dorm at school, who still receives mail at their parents' home, you can maintain a US domicile while living in China. This is desirable from an immigrations point of view. It sounds like you have done this - why would you not show this?

Thanks, Good Point.

Question 44. Were you assisted in completing this application, Seems like it should be Yes, as i assisted... but someone above said its intent is for attorneys...

Thanks, Good Point.

Question 44. Were you assisted in completing this application, Seems like it should be Yes, as i assisted... but someone above said its intent is for attorneys...

Can't hurt either way, but there's nothing wrong with answering as you see appropriate. She should feel comfortable with what SHE is submitting.

This is a massive pile of alien paperwork... Im not sure how she can feel comfortable with any of it... I know im not.

One last thing to wrap up this 230.. The question about educational institutuons attended. Is it for universities... or include primary, middle and highschool?

This is a massive pile of alien paperwork... Im not sure how she can feel comfortable with any of it... I know im not.

One last thing to wrap up this 230.. The question about educational institutuons attended. Is it for universities... or include primary, middle and highschool?

Educatiion list schools after high school, if never attended college then list the high school.