Reaffirmed I-130 Petition

Well, many of you listened to my cries on March 15th of last year when the Visa Officer denied that our love was bona fide. Our case was sent back very slowly to Customs and Immigration for what seemed an eternity before they began to process it.

We just received a letter advising us that our case has been reaffirmed (approved) and it's going back to the Department of State.... then Guangzhou for our second interview.

I hate to get excited about anything at this point but it's been almost eighteen months since we had any positive news.... so, I'm sharing it with the group.

My wish is that no one else is going through the hell that we are but I know you're on this site with the same experiences. Never give up. Don't let them win? Who are they?

I'll keep you posted... I'm sure it will still require many months so I'm flying to Shanghai in September.

Well, many of you listened to my cries on March 15th of last year when the Visa Officer denied that our love was bona fide. Our case was sent back very slowly to Customs and Immigration for what seemed an eternity before they began to process it.

We just received a letter advising us that our case has been reaffirmed (approved) and it's going back to the Department of State.... then Guangzhou for our second interview.

I hate to get excited about anything at this point but it's been almost eighteen months since we had any positive news.... so, I'm sharing it with the group.

My wish is that no one else is going through the hell that we are but I know you're on this site with the same experiences. Never give up. Don't let them win? Who are they?

I'll keep you posted... I'm sure it will still require many months so I'm flying to Shanghai in September.

That is great news buddy. I am glad to hear your case was reaffirmed. Many folks don't understand that GUZ does not have the actual final say in a case, yes they can knock the wind out of your sails and make you wait 18 months to 2 years until the case gets back to the USCIS but it is the USCIS who has the final say.

Good luck with your upcoming interview. I know it will be a while before you get a date but it should be worth it and you should get your visa this time. According to what my wife and I went through on a failed K-1 case that got reaffirmed by USCIS who never even sent me a rebuttal letter stating why we were denied (we married after 23 months of waiting to see if our case even got sent back to the states and nullified the K-1) it took our case 6 months from the USCIS reaffirmation letter to another interview. I hope your wait is much quicker.

The word is, once USCIS reaffirms a case then GUZ can not use the same denial reasons on your new interview.

tsap seui

That is great news buddy. I am glad to hear your case was reaffirmed. Many folks don't understand that GUZ does not have the actual final say in a case, yes they can knock the wind out of your sails and make you wait 18 months to 2 years until the case gets back to the USCIS but it is the USCIS who has the final say.

Good luck with your upcoming interview. I know it will be a while before you get a date but it should be worth it and you should get your visa this time. According to what my wife and I went through on a failed K-1 case that got reaffirmed by USCIS who never even sent me a rebuttal letter stating why we were denied (we married after 23 months of waiting to see if our case even got sent back to the states and nullified the K-1) it took our case 6 months from the USCIS reaffirmation letter to another interview. I hope your wait is much quicker.

The word is, once USCIS reaffirms a case then GUZ can not use the same denial reasons on your new interview.

tsap seui

I love the sound of that!! Thanks ... tsap seui for Prezdent is right!!!!

I pray you're right. We are gun shy at this point after so many ups and downs. It's amazing what they can do to a spirit.

I look forward to moving on with our lives.

Thank you

Not necessarily many months. It could come quicker than you think.

Good Luck!!

On a positive note, the resulting visa should be an IR-1 not CR-1, and resulting green-card will be a 10 year un-conditional one, not a 2 year conditional one that has extra fees later to remove the conditions.

The pain with the second interview will be the needing of a new police cert and medical, as well as travel to the consulate.

Not necessarily many months. It could come quicker than you think.

Good Luck!!

I hope cuzin' Chawls is right and you have your interview in just a few short months.

I am very excited for you and your wife during the hopeful and happy time. And I know and feel the ups and downs you both have had, heck, I'm sitting here in China just a little over a week from heading back down to Guangzhou and the uncertainty of our next interview.

I found that GUZ can indeed jerk your spirit all over the spectrum but in the end it is up to you and your wife to make the ol' lemonaide out of their lemons. You have survived the last 18 months together and I'm certain you are both much more strong as a couple now that you've had your lives drug through the mud, yet stayed intact. Pat yourselves on the backs....did they break your spirit? Hell no!!! Many couples don't make it this far and for so long, you guys did. You've passed a stronger test than many who simply get an easy interview and the visa. You know what diggin' your heels in and fightin' the fight right there beside your wife is all about. Yes, it ain't pretty or easy, but you made it. There is a statistic somewhere which shows the percentage that don't survive and give up, the odds were against you getting this far. The hope is that GUZ sees this and takes it into account.

Many couples have success at the second interview. They aren't "supposed" to use the first denial evidence against you on the second interview once USCIS reaffirms you, so in a way you start off with a new slate.

Keep a track of your case's journey back to the consulate. It will be all snail mail (usually) and you've got your I-797 from USCIS, it will go to NVC again (I don't know what, if anything they will do with it, but they will forward it to GUZ. It will sit out the 2 or 3 month "customs wait" then get put into que for an interview.

Let's hope your case is one of those that for whatever lucky reason gets bumped ahead for a quicker interview.

Whatever amount of time it takes, you will make it, and in MUCH better spirits than the dreadful wait you had in the past.

Man, I understand the part about getting on with your lives...it has been so long I feel numbed by T I M E, but for us, no matter the outcome in early July we are pretty much done with the American government and when we get the results it will be the proverbial "First Day of The Rest of Our Lives." Thank you very much dear ol' Uncle Sam. ;)

Good luck to you both, a lot of folks will be pulling for your success. You've both done a helluva good job, let's hope for the best.

tsap seui

Thanks everyone.

I guess it will be important for me to attempt to be present (downstairs) for the next interview as well. I don't plan on asking Yan to go through it all by herself again. Hopefully, she won't need all the immunizations this timearound as they made her sick the night before the interview from hell took place.

Tsap seui... I hope everything goes smoothly in GZ. I'll be keenly awaiting your feedback.