Flying Out Day of Interview

My wife and I need to go to her hometown after her interview. Her interview is scheduled for next Wednesday morning. You can not fly to her hometown.. We will need to try to fly to close city and then take a train. What is the earliest fight in the afternoon we can take and be reasonably assured of making?

The other option is the next morning but if we can we would like to fly out that afternoon. She has a friend in Guangzhou so we plan on sending her passport there (hopefully?)

From what I see the last interviews end by 3 or 4 PM, the airport is a fair distance outside Guangzhou, so I would be looking for flights after 7pm or so to allow for possible delays getting from the consulate out to the airport.

I thought they started document intake for the next day around 12:30? Some interviews take to 3:00 or 4:00? Not what I wanted to hear.

I am being conservative, they may end sooner than that, but you never know.

Back in our day (2008) it seemed that the latest was Noon or so. But I agree with Dan. This is a very serious matter. Why chance it? I would go with as late as possible on that day or the next day if at all possible.

For me, I attended into the consulate at 7:30am and came out about 10am. I saw still many people behind me. But I am sure the consulate will finish all interviews by 12:30pm because 12:30pm is the time for documents hand-in people enter into the consulate. Documents hand-in place and interview place are same. So the room has to be clear for hand-in in the afternoon.

There is an airport shuttle near the consulate (within 5 minutes walking). It will take about 40-50 minutes to airport by shuttle. Hope it helps for your flight booking.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)