Need mid august interview When to sent P3?

Hi guys,

My Fiancee and I are half way through the K1 process. NVC sent our petition to Guangzhou last week, so I am expecting the P3 to come in the few weeks. I want to be with her at the interview date but because of work related stuff I can only go to China in mid August( after August 11). I wanted to ask when do you think I should send in out P3, I am thinking Mid July. What do you guys think?

Thank You In advance.

No sure whether July early is good. I would assume at least two months before August 15, so it would be middle of June. Since you have not get P3 yet, also after receive P3, you also need sometime to prepare all P3 documents. If I were you, I would go with time flow.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

I would send in the P3 in as soon as you can with a statement requesting a Interview after August 11. I just did a search on Visa Journey and the average wait from NOA2 to interview in Guangzhou is 81 days.

You can also send an email to Guangzhou here. Ask them to schedule the interview after Aug. 11 but I would wait until I was sure they had received the P3.

Typically P3 return to Consulate to interview date tends to be 50 - 60 days. For us it was about 1 month P3 - P4 with interview about a month after P4 sent out. (K-1)

Click my timeline link below.

• Packet 3 Received : 2006-12-06
  • Packet 3 Sent : 2006-12-11
  • Packet 4 Received : 2007-01-11
  • Interview Date : 2007-02-26

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)