What documents to go through Chinese and American Customs for a kid

Hi Guys,

I am wondering what documents for my son will be checked at Chinese and American Custom. He was born in US and has US passport. When we returned to China, I have a two-year Travel Document (ÂÃÐÐÖ¤£©issued by Chinese Consulate in US for him. The Travel Document is valid till the end of this year. We are planning to move back to US this July.

Based on my knowledge, what he needs is what I have now: Travel Document and US passport for Chinese Custom, and US passport for American Custom. Am I right?

Do I need to get international Vaccination Certificate for him? I have one for myself which was never checked at both Chinese and American Custom.

Thank you for your time.

Do I need to get international Vaccination Certificate for him? I have one for myself which was never checked at both Chinese and American Custom.

Actually, I doubt you need this to get into the country but you are going to need proof of vaccination to enroll him in school. (I don't remember how old you child is) If you can't prove he has had them, he likely will have to get them again.

Thanks, Beachy. That is what I think. I have his vaccination record in China and already translate it into English. My husband has given it to my son's pediatrician and set up an appointment. Definitely I would not let my son get duplicate vaccines. Too many vaccines before 2-year old.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)