Cost of gathering Documents

Hello everyone,

I want to first say that this is a great forum and has helped me greatly along my K1 process. I just got my NOA2 a few weeks ago and downloaded the Guangzhou packet 3 to get a little ahead. So I have a few questions I need help with.

1. (This is probably a stupid question but bare with me) What is the EMS mailing label?

2. How much rmb will it cost for my fiancee to get her Birth Certificate, Marital Status Certificate, and Police Certificate and then have it notarize and translated? And can it all be done at the same place?

3. How do you get the police certificate?

Thank You in advance

Hello everyone,

I want to first say that this is a great forum and has helped me greatly along my K1 process. I just got my NOA2 a few weeks ago and downloaded the Guangzhou packet 3 to get a little ahead. So I have a few questions I need help with.

1. (This is probably a stupid question but bare with me) What is the EMS mailing label?

2. How much rmb will it cost for my fiancee to get her Birth Certificate, Marital Status Certificate, and Police Certificate and then have it notarize and translated? And can it all be done at the same place?

3. How do you get the police certificate?

Thank You in advance

1. EMS is the China Post express mailing system, it is affiliated with USPS Express mail. Your Chinese spouse can get this at any China Post Office.

2. The notarized documents are I believe 200-300 RMB each though this may vary city to city. You can do these at the government notary office. Do a search here for the Chinese name, you want to go to the offical government office.

3. Your wife has to go to the police station where here Hukou is, then get it translated.

The white books aren't a standard fee. What they will cost in one area will likely differ in another part of the country. Follow the above link and do a specific baidu or google search for your city. My wife and I spent around 1500.00 (if not more) RMB getting all of the white books for the interview as well an extra marriage/birth cert to take with us to America. I seem to remember thinking "!@#$^%$^&%$" when Jingjing told me how much she had to spend.

3. Your wife has to go to the police station where here Hukou is, then get it translated.

For police certificate, get proof evidences at police station where her hukou is. Then bring it to a notary office to get certificate.

Always inquire a notary office first before you go to police office to make sure what the notary office needs.