will CD media be accepted with documents?

When I submitted our I-130 petition, I had very little EOR material. Apparently it was enough, however, because the petition was approved without a request for more information. Since then, we've accumulated a ton of evidence (photos, email and chat logs, etc.). Is it acceptable to include this material on a CD and submit it with the other documentation at interview time? If we were to print out this stuff it would result in a 4" thick folder.

The time to submit all the relationship evidence is when filing petition to USCIS, the consulate just wants to see the origional documents of the scans sent to NVC, along with police cert, and medical forms, the do not want any thing other than what was requested by NVC, or on the form OF-169, the interviewing officer has no time to revirew any extra stuff submitted the day before the interview.

Bring things to interview like a photo album, and EOR letter, they may or may not ask to look at these at interview, and if want to see anything specific, they will issue a blue slip with what is required to be dropped off.

As for CD it may be brought to the interview, however it is highly doubtful that they will accept it.

I agree with Dan. I seriously doubt that it will get seen at the time of her interview. There is a significant time constraint when completing interviews due to the large volume of applicants GUZ handles. This is another reason why GUZ doesn't interview couples together while other consulates, because of fewer applicants, do interview couples together. All that being said, it doesn't hurt to bring a data CD with you and hope for the best. We were able to sneak a few documents in at the last minute, but I'm uncertain as to how effective they were, meaning I'm not certain if the VO actually saw them or not.

This brings to mind an interesting question I've been wondering. Could you send a CD to USCIS? Has anyone ever done that, that we know of?

I do know that the USCIS scans all documents into their system and adds some info to each of the documents for identification. Not sure if they would do this to a CD or not. I would play it safe and send paper only.

This brings to mind an interesting question I've been wondering. Could you send a CD to USCIS? Has anyone ever done that, that we know of?

I do know that the USCIS scans all documents into their system and adds some info to each of the documents for identification. Not sure if they would do this to a CD or not. I would play it safe and send paper only.

I wouldn't dream of sending just a CD for any portion of the application. However, I have thought about sending something like that as an appendix. Additional pictures or something like that.

You do not need to print out all chats, emails etc. It is too much work, and not necessary. At interview, I saw only a few cases have piles of documents in front of VO (I was wondering what it was). Just print out some samples across your relationship.

Take a look at the link below.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/307138-emailchat-logs/page__p__4633243__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=4633243

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)