Rejected and being sent back

Hey Everyone,

Well I found out today that our packet of info is being sent back to us. Or so the USCIS web site says. The officer we talked with said they wouldn't send the whole thing back but just a request for the correct fee and 129F. But the site says the whole thing is being returned. They gave us an 'MSC' case # for both the 485 and the 765 so we can track it online. Officer said it was not that big of a deal. Just give them what they want and everything will be OK. Your thoughts.

Thanks,

Marc

Hey Everyone,

Well I found out today that our packet of info is being sent back to us. Or so the USCIS web site says. The officer we talked with said they wouldn't send the whole thing back but just a request for the correct fee and 129F. But the site says the whole thing is being returned. They gave us an 'MSC' case # for both the 485 and the 765 so we can track it online. Officer said it was not that big of a deal. Just give them what they want and everything will be OK. Your thoughts.

Thanks,

Marc

Don't worry too much it will all work out. either way when you get their letter just send them eveything they ask for (extra info or entire package). I assume you filed EAD and AP at the same time so will get work athorization and travel permission in 2 to 3 months or so (about 1 to 1.5 months after you do biometrics) if not file those too it does not cost any more to do it at the same time as your 485.

The more I observe this immigration process the more it resembles what I have seen people who apply for social security disability go through. The US government realizes they can't determine who is legitimate and who is trying to defraud the system. So they intentionally make the system as beauracratic and time consuming as possible assuming that will weed out most of the fraud. So you just have to smile and let the system play its way out.