Can I have a chance to get B2 visa?

My wife received three B-2 visas, the first one being before we were married, and two visas after being married in China. It's all about proving your ties to China. Yes, it is possible for you to get a B-2 visa to the US after getting married. Having your assets frozen, a letter from your company stating that you will return to China, and perhaps a round trip ticket (at least for your husband - if not for both) would go a long way in proving your intentions to return to China.

Hi Kyle ;

On the 2nd & 3rd visa applications, did she check off that she 's married to a US citizen ??? if I remember that question is on the application.

I'm always under the impression once you 've married a US citizen you have NO chance of getting a B2 visa because it 'll be impossible to prove the NON immigrant intent , which is the prerequisite of getting a non immigrant visa.

We were not elusive concerning our marriage. Yes, Beijing knew about it. If you can look at my timeline (w/ the black theme it isn't currently readable) you'll notice that I always returned to China, w/ Jingjing.

Hi Kyle ;

On the 2nd & 3rd visa applications, did she check off that she 's married to a US citizen ??? if I remember that question is on the application.

I'm always under the impression once you 've married a US citizen you have NO chance of getting a B2 visa because it 'll be impossible to prove the NON immigrant intent , which is the prerequisite of getting a non immigrant visa.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Thank you for your generous support!! The world will stay in peace with women and men although it starts from a man.

I just do not want to see our ladies hold back because of these, and always ask husband do what we can do by ourselves. Also an impression to me by those posts is that their relationship was implicitly questioned simply because a wife asks questions here.

I was lucky that I was not questioned when I post my first question. In our case, I take charge of our immigration stuff. I find this website through visa journey. After a while I find most members here are men and you guys' deep care about how to bring your wife/fiancée home. Then I asked my husband visit the website and blamed him less care than you guys. His response is, you are knowledgeable about visa stuff more than me since you have traveled between US and China for years, and then just tell me what I need to do. Yes, it is true, and it proves we did well.

We are here for help and to help. Both men and women can make the mission good!

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

Hi Kyle ;

For B2, the appplication form ask whether the applicant has relatives in US. Also the applicant needs an invitation letter from US which will address the relationship between the applicant and inviter. So in her case, she needs to disclose her marriage to USC. It will be the difficult part to handle.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

In Kyle's case his wife obtained a B-2 visa before they were married. Since she returned to China in accordance with the terms of her visa she had a track record making it easier to obtain subsequent visas.