Sent I-130 by DCF to Beijing...but worried

Well after finally finishing the I-130, my wife mailed it yesterday while I was at work. But now I am worried because she put her Name on the mail package.

I didn't think about it until now, but will this cause a problem? Will they think its suspicious with her name? Maybe I am just over thinking things...but I would feel really stupid to mess it up at this point.

Makes no difference, and besides since it is a petition for a visa for her, and filed in China, makes more sense to have her address.

On one last quick question. I plan on leaving this apartment in 3 months. Will they send me everything by email since I put the electronic notification form in with my package? Also my apartment doesnt even have a way to recieve mail. but it didnt ask for a mailing address anywhere...will they call me first? I dunno what I should do about this.

Posted · Hidden by computerguy, May 13, 2011 - double post
Hidden by computerguy, May 13, 2011 - double post

On one last quick question. I plan on leaving this apartment in 3 months. Will they send me everything by email since I put the electronic notification form in with my package? Also my apartment doesnt even have a way to recieve mail. but it didnt ask for a mailing address anywhere...will they call me first? I dunno what I should do about this.

Attach a cover letter explaining mailing address, not sure if they use the G-1145 if filing the petition to the DHS office overseas, G-1145 indicates only used if filing to one of the three-stateside lock-box facilities (Chicago, Phoenix, Louisville TX)..

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/g-1145.pdf

On my wife's petition a few years back the G-325A indicated resident address, and the I-129F had a PO Box as address.

In many cases Guangzhou will call to confirm address prior to mailing out P3.

I would contact them, http://beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn/homeland_security.html#a4

If emailing them I would provide details about case, Petitioner and Beneficiary names and DOB, to identify you to them.

Package 2 will be sent to me or my wife?

P2 is nothing other than a letter that says DHS is done with it and sent to Guangzhou, also known as NOA2 letter USCIS Approval.

In many overseas DCF cases people never get P2, it is not really needed for anything later on.

No, the Beijing embassy will not notify you even though you submitted a form for electronic notification. They just ignore those. You have to email the Beijing embassy yourself, and give your passport number. They will confirm if your I-130 was approved or not. The P3 will be sent to the address you wrote in Chinese on the second page of the I-130. Generally takes about three weeks to get approval and another couple of weeks to get the P3.

Dante3rd, I wrote my Wifes's parent's address in Chinese on the 2nd page, because we are not moving into a new place together until my current lease finishes...does that mean they will send to her house?

Yes, your correct. I asked the VO what address they use, and he told me that they use that address for mailing the EMS package since it is in Chinese characters. The EMS guys have a really hard time figuring out Pinyin addresses. If you put your parent's address then they will be the ones to receive it.

Dante3rd, I wrote my Wifes's parent's address in Chinese on the 2nd page, because we are not moving into a new place together until my current lease finishes...does that mean they will send to her house?

Yes, your correct. I asked the VO what address they use, and he told me that they use that address for mailing the EMS package since it is in Chinese characters. The EMS guys have a really hard time figuring out Pinyin addresses. If you put your parent's address then they will be the ones to receive it.

Depends on whether someone at the post office knows pinyin AND the local street names. There is no one-to-one translation from pinyin into Chinese characters, but someone will USUALLY do it for foreign packages. Even so, they used the wrong Chinese character for my wife's name. Domestic packages may be a different matter - I had to get a Chinese address for a letter I sent last week before they would accept it.

EMS is run by China Post in China, it is known as Express Mail International in the US

Express Mail Service (EMS) is an international express postal service offered by postal-administration members of the Universal Postal Union (UPU) which created the EMS Cooperative in 1998 within the framework of the UPU, a specialized agency of the United Nations, to promote the harmonization and development of postal services worldwide. Currently EMS is offered by 154 of the 191 UPU member countries' postal authorities[1] as an integral part of their normal postal services. Seven additional countries have arrangements to deliver EMS items.