K1 AOS how long for you guys to get green card

I'm just wondering if some of you could tell me how long it took you to get your AOS (2 year green card) from the time you sent it in till you had the green card in your hands. I've heard numerous people say that they didn't have the interview also. How many of you had this happen? As I had said, one guy in Rosie's English class took only 2 months to get his AOS green card from the time he sent it in till they mailed him his card (without interview). So just wondering what some of you have experienced. Rosie came in on a K1 and we got married before the 90 days. Thanks! Sorry to ask so many questions but the wife is freaking out over these problems and I'm trying to find anything I can to settle her down. Less time to process I hope being the #1 thing.

4 - 6 Months. Ours was without interview.

MORE: http://www.visajourn...ll&xfr=&vtype=1 (Ones showing a "transfer date" typically are not interviewed) Transfer means case went to California center where in most cases were approved without interview)

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)
  • 1 month later...

I'm just wondering if some of you could tell me how long it took you to get your AOS (2 year green card) from the time you sent it in till you had the green card in your hands. I've heard numerous people say that they didn't have the interview also. How many of you had this happen? As I had said, one guy in Rosie's English class took only 2 months to get his AOS green card from the time he sent it in till they mailed him his card (without interview). So just wondering what some of you have experienced. Rosie came in on a K1 and we got married before the 90 days. Thanks! Sorry to ask so many questions but the wife is freaking out over these problems and I'm trying to find anything I can to settle her down. Less time to process I hope being the #1 thing.

7 Months for us! We mailed application on January 2nd, had an interview on May 23rd and received our green cards on July 8th.

Once the service center processes your application if an interview is needed they send it to your local service center. Once there it just depends on how busy they are. When we went through the process everyone I know of had an interview. That's changed now so it's anybody's guess as to whether you'll have one or not.