P3 only asks for OF-169, DS-230, and Passport's Bio Page

All this time, I was preparing these documents thinking that we should send them out with the P3 packet. After looking at the IV Instruction Packet they sent, it says JUST to send DS-230, Form 169, and a copy of the bio page of my spouse's current passport. Below is the direct quote:

Complete and send the enclosed form DS-230, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration as well as this document (Form 169) together with a copy of the bio page of your current passport. Obtain the following documents on this checklist that pertain to you. As you obtain each document, check the box before each item. Do NOT send the actual documents to the Consular office except for the Mailing Address Label, as we will have to destroy them. You will not be scheduled for an appointment until you submit these forms.

Did anyone else see this in their P3 packet?

This is correct, all docs listed on form OF-169 will be turned in the day before the interview.

Ohhh, that makes things so much easier. You said the day BEFORE the interview?...as in like a drop box or something?

We also noticed the $330 application fee. That's something different from the petition fee, correct? Should we give that to them now or wait until the interview?

Ohhh, that makes things so much easier. You said the day BEFORE the interview?...as in like a drop box or something?

Document intake is the date on the appointment letter, there will be instructions on what to do. The actual inteview is the day after the date on the appointment letter.

We also noticed the $330 application fee. That's something different from the petition fee, correct? Should we give that to them now or wait until the interview?

Fee depends on Visa type and where the petition filed.

If K-1 the fee is $350

If CR-1 or IR-1 and petition filed in Beijing fee is: $330

If CR-1 or IR-1 and petition filed in the USA, the fee was paid to NVC, so nothing needs to be paid to consulate.

This is the fee for the DS-230 and processing by DOS.

Fee paid with I-130 or I-129F is for USCIS (DHS) processing of petition.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Perfect. Thanks guys.

I will also add that fee will not be paid at the consulate, it is paid at the CITIC bank, and then the receipt is presented to the consulate, probably with all the docs turned in the day before interview.

This fee can be paid at most CITIC banks throughout China, however most simply visit the branch nearest the consulate in the CITIC building.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/GUZConsulateArea.jpg

Note that what the letter says they want isn't necessarily what they really want. For example, the letter says that they want is the I-130 and they also recommend 3 years of 1040 tax forms.I hadn't beed able to file my 2010 return at the time we sent all the other paperwork to ChunMei, so our attorney sent copies of all the financial documentation I was using to file my 2010 report. W-2's, 1099's etc.

When she went to turn in her paperwork the dey before her interview the intake officer told her that they require 3 years of 1040's. Said she could still have her interview, but she'd be denied because of "insufficient documentation."

She called me, and I scanned my 2010 1040 (which I'd filed by then) to her and she printed it about 20 minutes before her interview.

So in the letter, if somethings suggested, recommended, or even hinted at, bring it.

Edited by NickF (see edit history)