Fiddler On The Roof

This topic I am sure has been discussed before. My better half wants me now to see if I can find a mate for one of her friends now. I have met her good friend before in China. She seems very stable and good natured woman.

She is 54 and her husband died last year of cancer. Her friend is well educated and will retire soon from her profession. She is hoping to meet a guy who she can share her life with. Her friend lives in Guangxi Province.

How do you go about doing this so I do not offend anyone?

Tell them all the guys you know are already married or gay.

Actually this is good advice. Find a way to steer clear or you will probably be headed for trouble.

I'll third the vote.

My wife tried to help a few of her friends, including her cousin (who is one of the nicest, funniest women I have met).

No success.

It is really a no win situation for you.

If you don't find anyone, you didn't really try.

If you find someone, and something goes wrong within the next 50 years it is your fault.

In the small chance you find a good guy who is compatible with her friend, and he learns to live with a Chinese wife, and they live happily ever after, you will receive a thank you.

go with married, poor/not capable, and/or gay.

Good to hear other people's thoughts on this. I'm facing this issue with my future sister-in-law. She's 38 and has never been married. Unfortunately she's got an argumentative personality. Even ChunMei admits this, and doesn't like spending much time with her. So we'll see how this works out.

• 3 weeks later...