I-751 Question

Ok, so I just finished up our I-751 Petition. Its all wrapped up in a nice folder, which is idiot proof with an outline of everything.

The only question left in my mind is: Do I put the check in my folder or outside of it, in the mailing envelope, in it's own envelope?

Right now I have it in its own letter envelope, inside of my petition folder, all idiot proof, with A#, names, amount, ect.

I can't remember how I did it the first time when we got the two year green card. Any thoughts?

And then thats it, off to the post office monday to ship it. Hope no interview like our two year wass!!

hi v,

my wife just took her pictures and fingerprints this morning. the process was less then 30 minutes. when i mailed her i-751, it was a big envelope that contains the i-751, copies of her alien card, ny state id, china passport, and our first child's birth paper. i didn't include an outline, no affidavid letters or joint bank account. we're hoping for no interview based on the birth paper alone would be the ultimate proof of our relationship, crossing our fingers. good luck.

edit: sorry, the check was paper clip to i-751.

Edited by george lee (see edit history)

Thanks for your guys replies, much appreciated. I guess I'll be alright then leaving it in the folder. Its the first thing you"ll see when you open up the file folder.

Just curious, did you guys do the file folder, which has the clamp thing to hold them down? I punched the holes in the paperwork to use this type of file folder. I can't recall the correct term to call the folder but it was once pinned on this site, when I originally sent in for our two year green card. Is this still the best way to send our stuff in, or have others just simply put things in a folder now. Because sorting that stuff out and punching all those damn holes in paper, photocopying, signing everything possible, making tabs to separate different types of paperwork, outline the entire file packet I put together....... toook forever today, lol. But it was nice to feel it complete and know my wife and I are gonna get our 10 year, and just keep living life happily.

Just curious....

Uscis uses two holes at the top of pages, I used a standard 2 hole fastener to hold everything together. No folders

Uscis uses two holes at the top of pages, I used a standard 2 hole fastener to hold everything together. No folders

Thats exactly what i was talking about, I couldn't think of how to call them, 2 hole fasteners folders. Good to hear thats the way its still getting done B)