Osama Bin Laden killed

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Special force, fire fight, got his body.

I had phone calls about DNA the past week - not sure what it meant.

Well I guess the story will straiten out.

Good show! Our troops have something to feel good about. I feel bad for other families losses. Maybe we can come home, or go elswhere.

Folks outside cheering.

Just got to the GUZ airport on the way to Sanya when I check my phone and see we got the bastard. My buddy calls me from Dalian to see if I heard the news and tells me there is a worldwide travel advisory for Americans. Good thing we are flying China Southern!

My question is why did it take so long his compound was around 500 yards from a Pakistani military training base.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/52448000/gif/_52448424_osama_pak304.gif

More details are emerging of how al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden was found and killed at a fortified compound on the outskirts of Abbottabad in north-west Pakistan. The compound is a few hundred metres from the the Pakistan Military Academy, an elite military training centre, which is Pakistan's equivalent to Britain's Sandhurst, according to the BBC's M Ilyas Khan who visited the area.

Earlier reports put the distance at about 200 yards (182 metres). Pakistan's military says the compound is 4km (2.4 miles) away from the academy.

But it lies well within Abbottabad's military cantonment - it is likely the area would have had a constant and significant military presence and checkpoints.

Pakistan's army chief is a regular visitor to the academy for graduation parades.

MORE....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13257330

Got to love the BBC, not much said about this in the paper this morning.