Tornados Everywhere!!

chilton747

Any word on getting in touch with Mick? He hasn't answered my PM.

Earlier today the news said a quarter million homes were without power in Alabama. I'm guessing he is one of them with that tornado hitting just down the road.

yeah that is what I am thinking. Ya think he would have a laptop with enough battery power to check in with his CFL family.

I didn't see anything about Ardmore so I believe he is safe.

Saw all the damage and destruction on the news and hope anyone in those areas stays safe. 300+ people killed in minutes and billions in damage as people have their entire homes just swept away and a lifetime of memories along with it.

At the same time we have this 24/7 coverage of an 80 million dollar+ "Royal Wedding," where you have this extravagance and such being constantly replayed over and over.....

It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated!

Seriously, been without power until about an hour ago. Internet service, tv cable, all down. We survived the storms just fine, but this area got pounded really bad. Just down the road about six miles seven people died when a twister touched down, the same one that hit Heckleberg and Phil Campbell, and wiped out several business and a subdivision. I drove through there yesterday on my way to Huntsville and it is unbelievable the damage. Alabama got blasted something awful, especially Tuscaloosa, Cullman, Guntersville, and the area between here and Huntsville. Our walls were literally shaking as the three of us hunkered down in a hallway in the center of our house.

I appreciate all the concern you folks showed for my absence. Believe me, if I had any way to get on line I would have, but there was not electricity and no cable service. Gas lines were incredible as well. I went through Hurricane Andrew in Miami back in '92 and this brought back a lot of memories.

Glad your OK Mick. Unbelievable what has happened. My relatives in Mississippi are all OK.

Presently hail is pounding my house. The Flex is outside. The trees got tore up here before the last storm. It was when the wind was coming through ahead of the storm. They put a new transformer in for our neighborhood so we have electricity through this.

After talkiing to a neighbor yesterday we wonder if a small twister came through. A line from from their house and their broken trees to my broken trees kind of look like it. If so just missed the corner of the house. I have too many trees to hurt the house anyway, I think, unless it dips strait down.