NYC Chinese Consulate

NUWORLD

Well folks, Hong and i just returned from the Chinese consulate in NYC.

The process was straight forward.

We get there at 9:00am and go to the second floor.

Get inline and wait and wait and wait!!!.

We had all our ducks in order, So we thought?

We had:

H-1 form:

Original passport

4 passport pictures.

Green-card

Self addressed paid priority mail envelope for them to mail it back to you.

The problem we had after waiting so long inline is that they wanted Three! copy's of each document.

So we go get in to a line for the copy machine and make the three copy's of each document. (No problem!)

The good part about this we did not have to wait inline again, Just go back to the same window.

We get back to the same window as before and hand in all copy's and they take hong passport and give her a pink slip and was told to return in two week to pick up her new passport.

Now This is important for anyone going to the NYC Chinese consulate:

Self addressed paid priority mail envelope for them to mail it back to you

THIS DOES NOT!! WORK IN NYC

We had an Fedex priority envelope to send her passport with us and they would not except it.

They just said to be here in two weeks and pick up her passport.

So we go back to the hotel and hong is pissed only for the fact it is going to cost MONEY!! and vacation time again just to pick up her passport.

Myself, I'm thinking to big deal.

So after sitting in the bar drinking a few beers i starting thinking (Yes! It take a few to get the brain working)

I tell hong to call some of her friends in Ohio and see if any of them know someone in NYC that could pick her passport up for her.

Well luck would have it her friend that lives just down the road from us has a sister that lives in NYC (China town)

So two hours after making the phone calls hong's friends sister comes to our hotel room.

Come to find out the sister does this as a service for many chinese people with the same problem.

Better yet hong calls more of her friends around the U.S. to see if any one else knows of this woman.

THEY ALL SAY YES!! and have used her services before and is very trustworthy.

So for a small fee hong will have her passport in about 2-3 week with out going back to NYC.

If anyone is going to NYC and has this same problem just shoot me a PM and I'll hook ya up.

Thought i would share this with ya all.

Mike