Somewhat Confused

Since I am still gathering paperwork and working on my evolution of relationship I am curious about the subject of red and white books.

In my second marriage albeit a short one we got the red book in Wuhan but never registered for a white book. Four weeks later resulted in divorce and got a book for that.

I guess my question is do I mention that we never applied for a white book in my second marriage to Guangzhou in my evolution of relationship for my current marriage or not?

I know I will have a most difficult overcome and am working to resolve all red flags before I ever apply for CR-1. Now here in Guilin for second trip, and am thinking at least one maybe two more trips before apply with maybe a short trip to visit Mr Ellis or his staff in Guangzhou for advice as well on my next trip.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Unless you mean something else, the white book is just the notarized translation to English. I would think you would need to present evidence of the divorce and have that translated but I don't think you need the orginal marriage certificate of the failed marriage. If you do, you should be able to still get it translated. I don't see a huge problem.

Generally, you also need copies of the red book but typically the white notarized copy includes that.

Red book is the marriage certificate, a white book is a certified copy and sometimes an attached English translation.

Similar in the states, my wife was K-1, we married in my home town here, the town issued to us a marriage cert, as well as to certified copies, that look like the actual certificate. The cert is like red book, the certified copies are like white books.