GUZ strikes again

Hello, guz gave my wife pink in july 2010.waiting only 9 months now,and no visa. maybe you gonna get a blue just like we did? Davy

At this point that appears to be the case. Yesterday she was told, "We have no information on when or whether a K1 visa will be issued."

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, guz gave my wife pink in july 2010.waiting only 9 months now,and no visa. maybe you gonna get a blue just like we did? Davy

At this point that appears to be the case. Yesterday she was told, "We have no information on when or whether a K1 visa will be issued."

Yes this sometimes happens, get a pink at interview, then a few days later get passport and blue slip in the mail, additional processing needed for some reason.

Let's hope it is just a small delay, perhaps see about changing where to send package from the post office in Guangzhou, to an address in home town.

Also let's hope they don't mail out a white slip, I have seen this posted about once before.

Yes this sometimes happens, get a pink at interview, then a few days later get passport and blue slip in the mail, additional processing needed for some reason.

Let's hope it is just a small delay, perhaps see about changing where to send package from the post office in Guangzhou, to an address in home town.

Also let's hope they don't mail out a white slip, I have seen this posted about once before.

I so did not need to hear that.

She did that. See my post above for what they told her. Last night she left to return to Nanning because she needs to get back to her job. I haven't been able to reach her since yesterday morning. She isn't answering her phone or responding to text messages. Now I'm a little worried about her.

Why were u not there ???

Perhaps you could have

go to acs window to check what s going on ???

I wasn't there because I only have a small amount of vacation time, My employer is a little touchy about people taking time off without pay, and at my age finding another job is not all that easy. And if I'm unemployed they sure as hell aren't gonna grant a K1.

Hello, well i wish you the best with your case. as i said before we got pink,then returned passport,and blue. we been waitin 9 months and all guz will tell us is the old admin.processing every time. we've had congressional involment for 2 months now,and they just tell them the same thing too. and cong. says there aint nothin they can do either. pretty sad. dos in washington says,well we dont know,it could take up to 2 years for guz to complete processing. again what a sad broken govt.system we got here in the good ole usa. guz dont have usc hour anymore. i would like to speak to someone there myself,but its impossible,they got all the angles covered. just a bunch of chicken shit scumbag cowards hidin out in there fortress they call an u.s. embassy,makin a joke out of damaging good honest peoples lives. go to guz and get turned away cause you aint got an appointment,cause you cant even get one to begin with. only communication is through email,and they just ignore them too. maybe you just sneak the wife in from mexico,like everyone else does,then the govt.will treat you like royalty,just like all the illegals allready here. sad sad sad. oh well,what can we do? i probably be movin to china soon,at least the chinese govt.wont stop me from bein there for my wife,like the u.s. does to her. and yes another job goes to china.....sounds like a win win for china. i really love china more and more everytime i return. talk at ya later. Davy

Well, ChunMei's back in Nanning. She has the EMS number that is supposed to let her check on whether her passport/visa's been shipped to the post office in Guangzhou, but so far nothing is found for that number. had hoped for a June wedding, but that doesn't liik possible now. I sent a status query to the consulate, but they just replied with the automated reference to the web page about how they deliver visa.

So I don't know if there's some sort of problem, or just lackluster processing.

Yeah, our relationship is rock solid; she and I both know that. But she said she was asked some odd questions at the interview. The interview asked her if she was the one who actually wrote her letters to me. She has about 400 emails (that's how we communicate when we're not talking on Yahoo everyday) with her, and she tried to show some of them to him, but he wouldn't look at them. kept asking her is she was sure [/b she was the one writing them. Apparently he wasn't convinced she could speak English, even though they were conducting the interview in English.

And he kept asking why we'd filed the petition so soon after my divorce was finalized, even though we'd both stated that I'd been separated for 5 years, and the divorce had been filed two years earlier.

I wish I could be with ChunMei now, but as I mentioned earlier, I have ajob with limited vacation time, and I want to use it to fly over and bring her home here. Plus, I'm a single father with a fifteen year old daughter, and can't just pack up and leave her alone with no notice.

Don't they know that MOST educated Chinese can write/read English much better than speaking ???

If she can converse ok or lesser than ok , most likely she can write quite well in English.

Unlike me, who doesn't write Chinese characters at all but speak fluently in Mandarin.

Mandarin and English are very different languages all together.

We , foreigners , learn Mandarin via Pinyin . Chinese learn English via writing first.

I was once sitting next to a 10-12 yrs old boy in a flight from Chengdu to Beijing. He was doing his English homework. Boy, I was surprise to see how sophisticated the writing excersize was. But, he had difficulty in speaking English.

anyhow, it seems that they are still reviewing her case . Good thing is they have not sent the blue or white slip yet.