Tourist VISA for adult daughter for WIfe's medical issue

BACKGROUND: WIfe's 26 year old unmarried daughter has thus far been denied tourist VISA and student VISA to come to America. She went to college and grqd school in UK and returned to China 4 months ago. She got a low level starter job in China and has worked there since February. She has ownership of a small comdo near Beijing, a modest amount of money in the bank (about 10 thousand US dollars) but no husband or children. She has never been to USA before. We have since applied for a I-130 immigrantt visa for her based on my wife's permanent resident status

ISSUE: Wife is having a heart procedure that could be dangerous in 2 months here in America. Wife and dughter are worried. Daughter wants to come.

MY VIEW BASED ON WHAT I HAVE LEARNED HERE AND IN LIFE: WIth an immigrant VISA application on record, I think it is yet another automatic donation to USCIS on our part (enough wasted money that I should be able to write the USCIS off on my tax return as a dependent). Personally I'd rather take my money and spend it on something useful like beer than donate it again to the USCIS with no possiblity of a good result.

Nonetheless you know who insistent a Chinese wife (the Queen) and her only daughter (the Princess) can be. And how rumors from other CHinese peopel whom she just et several days ago can > then my many years of common sense. So bottom line, my wife and duaghter want to know what chance (if any) daughter has to come to the USA for the heart procedure.

QUESTION: Please express in %. What chance does young unmarried adult daughter have of getting a tourist visa to come to USA with an immigration visa already on record to be with my wife for her medicial procedure? DO you know of anyone who ever got a visa for this and what did they have to do?

Thanks.

True Blue

Funding the USCIS since 2007

I think it is yet another automatic donation to USCIS on our part (enough wasted money that I should be able to write the USCIS off on my tax return as a dependent). Personally I'd rather take my money and spend it on something useful like beer than donate it again to the USCIS with no possiblity of a good result.

Your "donation" would actually go to (and has already gone to) the State Department, not USCIS. USCIS does not issue visas, The Consular Affairs section of the State Department does.

QUESTION: Please express in %. What chance does young unmarried adult daughter have of getting a tourist visa to come to USA with an immigration visa already on record

0 (zero). I know that's not what you want to hear but I'm just giving it to you straight.

I think it is yet another automatic donation to USCIS on our part (enough wasted money that I should be able to write the USCIS off on my tax return as a dependent). Personally I'd rather take my money and spend it on something useful like beer than donate it again to the USCIS with no possiblity of a good result.

Your "donation" would actually go to (and has already gone to) the State Department, not USCIS. USCIS does not issue visas, The Consular Affairs section of the State Department does.

QUESTION: Please express in %. What chance does young unmarried adult daughter have of getting a tourist visa to come to USA with an immigration visa already on record

0 (zero). I know that's not what you want to hear but I'm just giving it to you straight.

Except that it has happened. It may be worth a shot, if you don't mind the donation.

I think it's worth a shot, I would hate to speculate a %. I would document the heart procedure with notarized statements from your wife's doctor as well a stress what ever evidence you can provide that will return to China. VOs can't all be heartless bastards, surely there must be a tinge of compassion in a situation where she may never see her mother alive again. Good luck.

One case we saw here was similar in that the mother already had her visa. The daughter's visa was held up to allow here to finish the school year. The daughter was awarded a vistor visa to allow her to visit her mother in the US, if I got the details straight. Doug (SheLikesME?), can you fill in here?

edit: Just noticed the 26 yrs old - that may work against her chances, especially since the I-130 won't have made it to GUZ yet.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

One case we saw here was similar in that the mother already had her visa. The daughter's visa was held up to allow here to finish the school year. The daughter was awarded a vistor visa to allow her to visit her mother in the US, if I got the details straight. Doug (SheLikesME?), can you fill in here?

edit: Just noticed the 26 yrs old - that may work against her chances, especially since the I-130 won't have made it to GUZ yet.

Thanks to all for the advice. We decided after 2 tourist and 2 student visa denials with not an opportunity to argue our case that there was no point in making another filing fee donation to the USCIS/Department of State.

True Blue

Thanks to all for the advice. We decided after 2 tourist and 2 student visa denials with not an opportunity to argue our case that there was no point in making another filing fee donation to the USCIS/Department of State.

True Blue

True Blue: Know that my thoughts are with you and your wife and hope she gets through that procedure without any complications.