Parents I-130 and I-485 Docs. Need Information

Hello,

Parents in US on visa, will be doing I-130 and I-485 while they are here.

My concern regarding documents is the following:

On birth certificates: Is the white book(notarial certificate)enough evidence as a birth certificate? The Department of State Reciprocity section states that these are at best considered secondary evidence. has anyone ever had a problem or RFE because of not providing originals, and/or other evidence?

On marriage Certificate: Parents marriage certificate (white book) has copy of red book and translation. But my concern is that translation states "The above mentioned persons apply for marriage which is in conformity with the provisions of the Marriage Law, the People's Republic of China and are hereby permitted to register and this certificate is hereby issued."

Does this mean that they are married or just that they are permitted to marry?

Is this document enough evidence of marriage for parents?
Also have notarial certificate of spousal relationship for them.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thank you.

Yep these documents should be fine, you will need English translations of anything that is not in English.

Note translations do not need to be done by a pro, can be anyone fluent in both languages, preferably a third party. They would simply certify the translation by stating that they are conversant in the two languages, sign, date, and perhaps provide contact info on the translation.

On birth certificates: Is the white book(notarial certificate)enough evidence as a birth certificate? The Department of State Reciprocity section states that these are at best considered secondary evidence. has anyone ever had a problem or RFE because of not providing originals, and/or other evidence?

On marriage Certificate: Parents marriage certificate (white book) has copy of red book and translation. But my concern is that translation states "The above mentioned persons apply for marriage which is in conformity with the provisions of the Marriage Law, the People's Republic of China and are hereby permitted to register and this certificate is hereby issued."

Is their marriage certificate translated and notarized by a notary office in China? If yes, it should be fine.

Besides, I think you should have notary certificates showing they are your parents.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

Is their marriage certificate translated and notarized by a notary office in China? If yes, it should be fine.

Besides, I think you should have notary certificates showing they are your parents.

That would be a copy of petitioner's Chinese birth Cert.

That would be a copy of petitioner's Chinese birth Cert.

No, petitioner's notary birth cert only has the petitioner's mother's name, no father's. Yes, I know it sounds wired. But in China, many years ago, no birth cert when a baby was born. People get their birth certificate when they handle going abroad things and get a notary birth certificate from a notary office.