Probably a stupid question

Got a text message 10 minutes before boarding to see my honey in China. We were approved!! P2 within 5 months exactly.

Got home 2 days ago and got to see the letter. Great!

Started looking for info on what P3 needs to be done. Wow....I can call the NVC and require about the case. Used the telephone automation system. Says they do not have our info....ok? This was last night at 2am cause my sleep schedule is screwed for a few days when I get home.

P2 is dated March 16th. Get home today and have a letter from NVC?

Reads.... this letter is to let you know that within a week the petition will be forwarded to the appropriate visa-issuing post where your visa interview will take place. Great!!

Wondering why when I call that is not in their system? Called again after I received the letter and used the Guz number that was on the letter instead of the WAC number.

Just curious. I want to thank everyone here for all the info that you provide. I just went through a few posts to find what I was looking for and found everything I needed.

Thanks

David

Got a text message 10 minutes before boarding to see my honey in China. We were approved!! P2 within 5 months exactly.

Started looking for info on what P3 needs to be done. Wow....I can call the NVC and require about the case. Used the telephone automation system. Says they do not have our info....ok? This was last night at 2am cause my sleep schedule is screwed for a few days when I get home.

Reads.... this letter is to let you know that within a week the petition will be forwarded to the appropriate visa-issuing post where your visa interview will take place. Great!!

Wondering why when I call that is not in their system? Called again after I received the letter and used the Guz number that was on the letter instead of the WAC number.

Just curious. I want to thank everyone here for all the info that you provide. I just went through a few posts to find what I was looking for and found everything I needed.

Thanks

David

There's got to be an error of some kind.

Got approval for my I-130 in 4.5 months. ( march 15 notice date)

Called the NVC today . Gave the operator my USCIS receipt # .It is in their system. The operator told me it would take 4 -6 wks for them to mail the info to both the petitioner and the beneficiary . Same info just mailed to both parties so in case one party misses it out , the other one gets them. My feeling is it'll be another 3 months before the interview once every single document is submitted. Again, my guest , it 'll be Aug or Sept before my woman gets her fun date at GZ.

By the way , is yours for I-130 or I-129 F ???

sorry I129f......K1 visa

Thanks

David

There's got to be an error of some kind.

Got approval for my I-130 in 4.5 months. ( march 15 notice date)

Called the NVC today . Gave the operator my USCIS receipt # .It is in their system. The operator told me it would take 4 -6 wks for them to mail the info to both the petitioner and the beneficiary . Same info just mailed to both parties so in case one party misses it out , the other one gets them. My feeling is it'll be another 3 months before the interview once every single document is submitted. Again, my guest , it 'll be Aug or Sept before my woman gets her fun date at GZ.

By the way , is yours for I-130 or I-129 F ???

sorry I129f......K1 visa

NVC automated system will not give status information for I-129F cases, only for I-130 cases.

I-129F will take 2 weeks or so to get transfered from USCIS to NVC, and then 3-4 weeks at NVC before being shipped off to Guangzhou, via "The Slow Boat", transit time for I-129F cases from NVC to GUZ tends to be 2-3 months.

You should be able to get status from NVC by talking to an oporator 2 weeks after USCIS, and get consulate status by calling DOS visa services at 2 months after NVC ships the case overseas.

Ok so I have a few months to not worry about the paperwork that comes next.

I already printed out the 2 forms and have started working on them for her and her daughter, so that we are prepared when the time comes.

Guess I need not worry about that..haha

Thanks for the help once again