Short-term health insurance for in-laws?

My in-laws are going to be visiting us for 2 months (oh, joy), and I just realized that they should probably have some sort of health insurance just in case anything happens. I've heard horror stories of visitors needing medical help, and their bills being tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of dollars. Do any of you have experience in this area - or can you make any recommendations?

Thanks!!

Kevin

How old are they? If not over 70, you can find travel insurance. After age 70 it gets more difficult.

One thing you might have them check is to get travel medical insurance before they leave China. I have heard that is possible but have not been able to confirm. When our Ba & Ma visited, I didn't think of it until they were already here. Having the same concerns you noted, we purchased temporary travel insurance through the following outfit:

http://www.hccmis.com/international-travel-health-insurance-plans/

It wasn't cheap. I think we paid about $1,300 for 6 months of coverage... and that was for only catastrophic coverage with a fairly high deductible (if I remember correctly, it was about $5K).

I can look up the specific details if you wish... but I think you'll find everything at the above link.

Good luck.