What happens next?

I just hope to get some information here, It has been very helpful in the past. U.S.C.I.S received my I-129F on 11-15-2010, I understand the processing times are taking about 5 months at the Vermont processing center, Where my case was assigned. My concern is that during this time period I have not heard anything from U.S.C.I.S. only a letter stating they had received our application. My question is #1 Is it usual not to hear anything from U.S.C.I.S for so long? I have contacted customer service, And all they say is I should be patient until 04-15-11. #2 They have not requested any further information from me? No taxes requested? Nothing? I am just a little worried. I have all of the E-Mail and text message notfications turned on that i can possibly think of, But nothing yet. Also if the 5 month processing time is up 04-15-11, When can we expect a appointment for a interview?

Thanks Brian

#1 Yep, USCIS wont send you anything until they approve the petition.

Couple topics about going on 6-7 months for Vermont to approve.

#2 No requests is good, for most case gets approved without a request. USCIS is not concerned with your finances and wont request things like that, this will be requested by the consulate for visa interview.

After USCIS approves, you can expect a 3-4 month period of time because the case gets sent to NVC, and then on to China by "snail mail" or "the slow boat to China" these things get hung up in a customs delay over in China which can take up to 3 months to get through.

#2 No requests is good, for most case gets approved without a request. USCIS is not concerned with your finances and wont request things like that, this will be requested by the consulate for visa interview.

After USCIS approves, you can expect a 3-4 month period of time because the case gets sent to NVC, and then on to China by "snail mail" or "the slow boat to China" these things get hung up in a customs delay over in China which can take up to 3 months to get through.

That extra long time delay between USCIS and interview wouldn't necessarily apply if you're doing the electronic method, right?

That extra long time delay between USCIS and interview wouldn't necessarily apply if you're doing the electronic method, right?

Not an option for I-129F petitions (K-1)

Electronic OPTIN is only offered for I-130 petition cases.

I think the norm right now is over 6 months. Check out my thread about getting a service request in. I am over 6 months right now, and it was like pulling teeth to get a service request.

What excatly is a service request? I think it is something I should be aware of? and maybe something i should do?

I think the norm right now is over 6 months. Check out my thread about getting a service request in. I am over 6 months right now, and it was like pulling teeth to get a service request.

What excatly is a service request? I think it is something I should be aware of? and maybe something i should do?

It expedites your NOA2 so they start working on it quicker. However, if your at Vermont dont expect to get one until you hit the 6 month mark from your NOA1. Even at 6 months you have to get lucky and talk to the right person that will do it for you.